oil air seperator / check valve? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
oil air seperator / check valve?
Tuesday, September 19, 2006 7:49 PM
I remember reading somewhere on here about hooking up a check valve some where with the oil air separator w/ the HO mani when you boost so air isn't forced into the crankcase. Could some one help me out here?

2nd Place is the first loser

Re: oil air seperator / check valve?
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 2:36 PM
Help anyone?

I aslo remember the person put a NPT fitting in the ho mani, And there was some kind of cantch bottle off of i believe a lawn mower?

Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:14 PM
Someone please help

Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:23 PM
it was skillz that did it, don't have the link to the topic or anything though

Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:17 PM
you must NOT pressurize your crankcase. If you do you will burn oil like a bitch, lose power, and likely blow something up. Either run a check valve so it will still have vacumm... but no pressure.... or just run the line before the turbocharger (between air filter and turbo) some people don't like this becuase it is possible to get a little oil into you intercooler lines (which isn't a huge deal), you can also vent to atmosphere with a catch can. any of those three work... before the turbo is the easiest and uses the least parts.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search