weird sounds, has anyone else experienced this? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
weird sounds, has anyone else experienced this?
Saturday, September 02, 2006 8:09 PM
ok it seems like ever since i installed the pulley boys quick change pulley system i have been hearing this noise. Its like as soon as i get to or near boost i hear this squeeking noise, almost like a bad strut but it only happens when im in or near boost. Possible source could be that the pulley isnt exactly lined up with the alternator and crank, but i dont know why this would make it squeek. i dont know, any suggestions?

Re: weird sounds, has anyone else experienced this
Sunday, September 03, 2006 3:22 PM
anyone?

Sunday, September 03, 2006 5:15 PM
belt slipping maybe

Monday, September 18, 2006 6:03 PM
Your intake gasket could be bad. Spray some throttle body cleaner around where the intake manifold bolts to the cylinder head and see if it runs any different. Also try around your injectors. If so, there's your problem. BTW, I have door panels for you if your interested....

Monday, September 18, 2006 7:03 PM
Check all of the bolts on your header also. Whn they are loose you will get a screeching noise that sound like a belt.

Monday, September 18, 2006 9:57 PM
You never mentioned this to me brian. Maybe next time your in town you can swing by and we can try figuring it out. Let me know

Monday, September 18, 2006 10:35 PM
DCStang67 wrote:Check all of the bolts on your header also. Whn they are loose you will get a screeching noise that sound like a belt.

hmmm that may explain my weird intermitent whining noise

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:31 PM
Brain ended up taking his car a independent exhaust shop and they found that when mineke installed his exhaust they did a HORRIBLE job. His cat is rubbing the body .

Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:22 AM
ecotecpower wrote:Brain ended up taking his car a independent exhaust shop and they found that when mineke installed his exhaust they did a HORRIBLE job. His cat is rubbing the body .

HA, just digging through posts and I came across this one! I had a crappy exhaust job done at meineke as well. My horrid screeching was coming from the heatshield they somehow bent and was rubbing on my rear cross member!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search