ssautochrome - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ssautochrome
Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:44 PM
well today is the worst day in my life. got everything put together an boom. turns out the turbo is a piece of @!#$. oil not only puddles in my exhaust but in the intake as well. burns about a quart in 1 min. ssautochrome is not only the worst turbo i have ever purchased. they have no support. now im 400 in the whole and need to fix or buy a new turbo.

Re: ssautochrome
Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:57 PM
sorry about the misfortune man . But there are alot of people that could of told you about ssautochrome.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 6:32 PM
aww man. dood I know this is gonna hurt and I dont want any bad karma, but type in ssautochrome in any search engine. but you did do a service to the community. for a while there were rumors that the company was coming back. It was said that the company was pulling its act together, oh well ...... rumor disproven.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:57 PM
they dont call it ssautocrap for nothing.....pick up a decent used turbo for like 200-400. If you are looking for a used one hit me up, i know a few places i could find one and put u in contact.

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:04 PM
just rebuild it.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:19 PM
Cadwz24(Projected1) wrote:just rebuild it.
Yeah, then wait for the compressor housing to split in half...

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Sunday, September 17, 2006 12:56 AM
i would like to rebuild it but i dont have the knowledge to do that myself and i know of no place anywhere that would do that. then again i also dont have the $$$ to just go and by a new one at the moment. but i have to say when i first fired it up and took it out for a spin......i wont forget the whistle. now its in my garage naked. i emailed them but i have yet to get a response but i really didn't think i would. learned my lesson though. ssautochrome=Crap.
Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:29 AM
down2turbo or andreasturbo on ebay...

$400 for t3/t04b or
$450 (ish) t3/to4e...

Garrett/ AiResearch

I had a small issue with them but they have helped me out, and the turbo works great, I went with the 0.63 a/r turbine 50trim 0.60 compressor T3/T04B... you will be pleased with their turbos and service. I got water cooled too.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, September 17, 2006 12:02 PM
i have a brand new t-3 60trim fron atpturbo that i'm not using i will sale it. pm me if you want.
Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:27 PM
one quick question, could to much oil pressure cause the oil to pass through the seals on a turbo?
Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:27 PM
^ Absolutely.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:10 PM
Yes too much oil pressure will do it for sure, BUT, the main reason for it is because SSA turbos have TERRIBLE seals. I talked to a Diesel Injection shop taht sometimes uses their turbo's, and they said that the first thing they do when a SSA turbo comes in their shop is gives them a quick rebuild because he could garuntee that they will blow the oil seals. Their new line of turbos dont have the glued together compressor housings anymore, but the seals still blow like no tomorrow.
Monday, September 18, 2006 8:38 AM
well thats the problems im havin. the turbo looks new......but during the first fireup, it burned oil that the turbo came coated in. about 3 or 4 min in to idle (when the car warmed up) the turbo started smoking and spitting oil everywhere. talked to a few people and they told my to get a oil restrictor to solve my problem. would that do it or is the turbo just crap?
Monday, September 18, 2006 9:11 AM
I would put money on the turbo being crap. Maybe new seals would work??

" I talked to a Diesel Injection shop that sometimes uses their turbo's,"

Do you have a number for this shop so the guy above who needs it can call them and get a rebuild?

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Monday, September 18, 2006 9:53 AM
If you paid with a CC call them and report it. I bought a BOV from them hoping I would get a decent one. When it didn't work I called my CC company and did a chargeback. The CC legal people gave me the money back right away and went after SSAutoChrome themselves. Saved me a ton of headaches.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, September 18, 2006 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear about the turbo...... I doubt its just the oil pressure......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:53 AM
I would suggest down2turbo off of ebay or westcoast-turbo.com.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:28 PM
well, it turns out the turbo is ok, to much oil pressure. i have put an oil restrictor on in from atp, runs great. no smoke at all. all i need now is the down pipe. questions?

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:40 PM
nice, man im pathetic. i have to complement my own car.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:41 PM
Looks good.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:55 AM
I man that looks familiar! lol

I also Have an SSAUTOCHROME turbo and had the SAME problem with it Untill i made the restrictor. No problems with the turbo sience.

As far as a downpipe I found a Industrial supply shop here they sells "weld bends" they are THICK beveled mandrell bends I got one that was 2.5" for like $11 and welded that to the Exhaust flange that came with the turbo, and then bought a piece of 2.5" pipe and welded to the other end, after cleaning it up and ceramic coating it it looks and works awsome. the bend has just enough lip on the inside to weld it on the inside and out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search