what you think about that turbo?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what you think about that turbo??
Monday, September 11, 2006 7:53 PM
I just want to know what you guys think about this turbo I found on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330027280175&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=330026646590&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettyp e=osi_widget

A frien of mine use this one on a dodge charger 2.2 turbo, he tell me this turbo run very nice... do you think this could be nice for a 2.2 ecotec?

http://cavalierdomination.monchar.com

Re: what you think about that turbo??
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 12:22 AM
It dosen't say what brand it is, I would like a better pic of the compressor housing. If it says "xs power" on the turbo, don't get it. Thats a really cheap price though, I would be careful. There was an ebay company called "ssautochrome" that sold turbos for cheap prices, but they fell apart.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 6:31 AM
spend some money get a real turbo

www.atpturbo.com

decent prices too

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 6:54 AM
Is this turbo a good size for the 2.4L LD9 engine?

I know a lot of people here use a t3 super 60 on there 2.4L..

I have a t3 turbo turbine .48, compressor .42 and want to go with a bigger turbo but don't know wich size to choose.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:07 AM
If you want to figure it out properly without people internet-building your car improperly, draw up a few compressor maps and see what your needs are and go from there.

Best way to do it.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:15 AM
Steven Lemay wrote:I just want to know what you guys think about this turbo I found on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330027280175&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=330026646590&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettyp e=osi_widget

A frien of mine use this one on a dodge charger 2.2 turbo, he tell me this turbo run very nice... do you think this could be nice for a 2.2 ecotec?

if you are paying 170 for a brand new t3/t4 then you know something isnt right real ones go for around 600. You can find a used t3 super 60 for around 300-400 used in good condition

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:30 AM
besides on that page it says it will work with an internal wastegate only so you can forget about that new external wastegate you just bought

14.425 @ 97.833 mph stock + GMPP s/c on drag radials.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:45 AM
my t25 was also with an internal wastegate simply cut the sway valve and put my external wastegate here

http://cavalierdomination.monchar.com
Friday, September 15, 2006 12:00 PM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:spend some money get a real turbo

www.atpturbo.com

decent prices too

Ball bearing turbos are the way to go. Too bad I bought my GT30R from ATP turbo and never got a chance to install it before the BUILT motor started knocking, durring the break in none the less. Machine shop better fix it....

Be weary of cheap turbo's they don't last very long. Your talking about something that spins over 150,000 RPM and gets very very hot.

22 miles per gallon and dropping fast...
Friday, September 15, 2006 1:40 PM
if it doesn't say garret or turbonetics on it I won't buy it.

**changes are here**

Friday, September 15, 2006 4:16 PM
Im currently useing the ss autocrome t3 and have been for almost a year and have never had a problem with it. pushing 19lbs fine

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:12 AM
i have used crappy turbos on a couple of my kits i mean i know they are @!#$ but i havent had any of them blow up. But currently im using a crappy one for my new kit for pure fitment issues then im going to swap out to a garret ball bearing turbo after the rebuild.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:16 AM
DO NOT BUY THAT!!! the turbo you want must say Garrett on it, period.. trust only the best when it takes so much planning and time.. and in a whole kit what is the difference in 200-300 bucks.. I would trust a used one from a 1986-90(?) 300zx over that. They are 0.63 exhaust and 0.60 compressor.. unsure of trim.. my 0.02

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:09 PM
Quote:

the turbo you want must say Garrett on it, period

aww c'mon! My warner-ishi IHI turbo is cool too!

Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:26 PM
yeah my BorgWarner / IHI turbo is kickin some serious butt. *laughs*

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:49 PM
my name is Garrett too, lol, Airearch is good, BorgWarner / IHI, turbonetics.. anything fancy will do

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search