20g wastegate - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
20g wastegate
Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:18 PM
does anyone know if the wastegate on the 20g is adjustable it looks like you can adjust the lever from the actuator to the gate itself.. anyone know.. i have seen some internal gates that you can adjust just not sure if this one you can

Re: 20g wastegate
Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:26 PM
i know hahn was working on a special adjustable internal gate. im not sure if you have it or not. i think the standard internal gates need different springs. or a boost controller.

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Monday, September 11, 2006 7:14 PM
anybody???
Monday, September 11, 2006 7:35 PM
contact hahn direct

www.hahnracecraft.com

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Monday, September 11, 2006 7:58 PM
You can adjust it but only within a PSI. Better to just get a boost controller.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 12:16 AM
thank you.. i plan on getting a boost controller. i was just curious cause it looked adjustable. i dont wanna up the boost past 9 until i rebuild..
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:15 AM
It should be able to go +/- 2 or 3 PSI on the rod but you have to be careful of it getting too loose or binding up from being too tight.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:43 AM
Is it a standard 20G or a Hahn unit? We got another 3 or 4 psi out of a 14B by bending that rod a little bit. Kind of a cheap azz way to do it but it works. Should work on a 20G I'd think. Like Hypsy said, though. Don't over do it.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 3:47 PM
Its a HRC specialized unit IIRC. They use standard 20G parts but port the housings and clip the turbine I believe. Probably some other differences too.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:20 PM
So something I'm trying to figure out - cuz I'm building my own turbo kit - does Hahn change the mounting flange for their turbos? Or did MItsubishi change the mounting flange at some point to more common T3 style? I PM'd Bill Jr, but nothing yet. I figured since they use Mitsu turbos, they'd still have the standard 4-bolt Mitsu flange for the manifold. I wanted to use one of their manifolds for the 2200 on my LN2 but if it won't work with a standard Mitsu turbo, I'm SOL.

Sorry about the thread jack.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:14 PM
I believe Mitsu changed their flanged at some point though because I know you can swap a TON of turbos right onto cars like the Evo and that has their standard flange on it. If I take the turbo off anytime soon, unlikely, I'll get a picture for you. It's just a rectangular flange with bolts at each corner.

IIRC the turbo they use for their 2200 kit is a Super 13G which uses a different flange than the rest of their turbos. That's why you can't upgrade the turbo on that manifold.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:09 AM
15G. I checked. And it says T3 flange, which I could be mistaken but that's a 3-bolt I thought. Oh well. I'll figure something out. If I have to I'll just buy a manifold and weld whatever flange I need on it.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:56 PM
OK 15G LOL. That's still the one that has the weird flange on it. LOL.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 4:05 PM
I have a Q about my 20g waste gate also.

It said on the paper work i got with the turbo that is had a 10psi waste gate on it.

The most I've seen is 8.5psi and i think that was a spike because i only see 7psi at any other time.

I adjusted the rod all i could and drove the car and was only seeing 5.5psi of boost. So i adjusted it back and now i still only seeing 7 to 7.5 psi.

Also do you guys with the notice a difference the way the turbo comes on..

Cause before i got the kit i posted a few times on here and every one with the kit that i spoke with had the 16g and they said they could blow the tires off in second gear..

I can barley get the tires to cherp it second gear at 7psi. I've tried 3 types of tires i have and it the same.. I guess i just don't think it has as much power as i thought it would..

I'm rich not though that may be something to do with it..

Any opinion on this??

Thanks
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 4:32 PM
where you have your wastegate signal connected?
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 4:38 PM
On the port On the side of the turbo. Just like hahn said to do!
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 4:42 PM
is your gauge at manifold? if it is you only reading 7 because it has to go through the piping and intercooler so you gonna get a drop
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 4:49 PM
Yea i understand that. Thanks... I just hooked it up the way hahn said to.. I will change that later.

But what i dont understand is that people with the 16g are able to spin the tires in second gear with no problem..I can barley get them to cherp.. And i seeing 7psi all the time.

I want a burn out machine ..... Thats why i ask. Do you think it cause i'm running rich.. Or could it be that i'm using the protfueler and my bottom end power is suffering cause of that...???

I know it not my exhaust causing this cause i was on open down pipe for a day befor i got the exhaust on.. Any opinion on this.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:02 PM
i also run about 10.5 or 11 afr.. i dont have the portfueler so i dont know..
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:15 PM
-Maybe the fact that the 20G has more lag than the 16G and therefore kicks into its power range later has some effect? But that would be too obvious.
-You only see 7-8 PSI because you lose pressure through the chargepipes.
-The Portfueler manifold might make you lose some bottom end.

On to the other "topic" of this thread. You thread jack this post AND ANOTHER POST just because you want to waste tires from every stoplight? Sheesh. If you want a burnout machine....stop the car, put it in second gear, pull the ebrake all the way up, rev to 4K, dump the clutch. There's your burnout. You do them AT THE TRACK OR AT CONTESTS NOT FROM STOPLIGHTS.
/end rant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:17 PM

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:33 PM
^^sorry i just didnt think i would turn into all it did.. I will make a different post next time. But aleast i told you i was going to jack... On a side not did you notice a difference with the 20g on the way in comes into boost. Thanks and sorry to jack.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 6:46 PM
Yes I did....as has everyone else that has run both the 16G and the 20G.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search