C'mon Hahn People - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
C'mon Hahn People
Sunday, September 10, 2006 5:16 PM
Hi, Ok I have a question for anyone with a hahn stage 2 kit. I was wondering where did u guys mount your air inlet temperature sensor? (the one that plugged into the plastic intake before the throttle body) because the hahn manual just says to keep it close to your air filter. but shouldnt it be mounted just before the trhottle body in the intake piping sent with the kit? what have you guys been doing?

Re: C'mon Hahn People
Sunday, September 10, 2006 5:37 PM
I bought the Camaro thread in one and tapped that into the piping.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, September 10, 2006 5:38 PM
K, what? lol what do you mean camaro thread?
Sunday, September 10, 2006 5:40 PM
The Camaro's use a threaded sensor for their air cleaner temperature sensor (I think that's the right part name). It plugs right in and works perfectly with the stock ECU.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 5:41 PM
Do you think this has anything to do with my engine light coming on and saying i run rich? since I dont htink i have it located in the right spot?
Sunday, September 10, 2006 5:54 PM
Import Killer wrote:Do you think this has anything to do with my engine light coming on and saying i run rich? since I dont htink i have it located in the right spot?

Probably not.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, September 10, 2006 6:02 PM
Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:08 PM
Import Killer wrote:Do you think this has anything to do with my engine light coming on and saying i run rich? since I dont htink i have it located in the right spot?

Absolutely not. I told you in the other thread you made why you had that code.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:12 PM
Ok, because the setup i have now is the factory Air Temp Sensor is plugged into the back of my K&N air filter that hahn sent me. I thought this was way better then what the manual said since its not just dangling in the open but inside a clean air filter. but then i was thinking is it working properly if it istechnically readin the air BEFORE it goes into the turbo, then in/out the intercooler then into the throttlebody? shouldnt it be right infront of the throttlebody like it was from the factory? i mean the air temp is obviously gonna change big time since it goes through the turbo and intercooler... What else this is bringing me to is that doesnt the air temp sensor tell the computer how much fuel to pump through the injector or at what rate to pump fuel through the injectors based on what temperature the air going into the throttle body is like? possibly causing my air/fuel ratio to be off giving me a rich fuel mixture?? help me out thanks
Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:35 PM
1) The IAT doesn't do as much as you think.
2) I have mine just floating right now because I redid the IC to TB piping a little and haven't tapped the new pipe for the Camaro IAT yet.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:54 PM
mines just floating. it will be fine. try to keep it away from heat though.

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:17 PM
ok, thanks, u guys have any ideas on how to get my fuel into the stoich range instead of so rich? when im outside my car all i spell is pure gas and my exhaust is black, its also the reason my check engine light is on.
Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:30 PM
you have the standard stage 2 kit and its like that? whats your base fuel pressure at? sounds like u need to lower it.

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Monday, September 11, 2006 7:33 AM
my idle fuel pressure sits around 34-35PSI
Monday, September 11, 2006 7:34 AM
the IAT sensor really isnt a factor until it reaches 111 degrees then it pulls timing , which wont help you

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, September 11, 2006 7:47 AM
so any ideas what could help me?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search