sunfire vs stage 2 srt-4 - Boost Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
sunfire vs stage 2 srt-4
Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:28 PM
would a stock boosted 2200 sunfire with complete fuel system beat a stage 2 srt-4 neon, or is there more to be done.?

Re: sunfire vs stage 2 srt-4
Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:36 PM
You'd probably lose, plain and simple. The 2200 when boosted doesn't put out enough power to even compare to the SRT4. Even a stock SRT4 would probably be an interesting race unless you spend gobs of money on tuning/building your engine. Oh and also spraying nitrous but by then you could have just swapped an Ecotec and turbo'ed that and probably atleast kept up to the SRT4. Just my $0.02.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:31 PM
Yup, and a 2.4 would get the wrong end of the stick as well..

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:12 PM
heh, i thought u were talking about a stock srt vs a 2.4 pete, but yea, stage 2s are a bit quicker

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Sunday, September 10, 2006 2:10 AM
98redcavz24 wrote:Yup, and a 2.4 would get the wrong end of the stick as well..

I hope your kidding...... would take a LOT more then just a stage 2 upgrade to beat any WELL turboed 2.4......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, September 10, 2006 2:36 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

I hope your kidding...... would take a LOT more then just a stage 2 upgrade to beat any WELL turboed 2.4......

i'm not really kidding. think a minute. most cars on this site arn't well turboed. i made 241whp on my last setup and went dead nuts even with a stg II srt4. i even posted the video on here. jsut because you and a few other people threw down some damn good stock block numbers, doesnt mean everyone does. i'm speaking for the majority.

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Sunday, September 10, 2006 2:49 AM
i took a SRT-4 (i believe Stage 2 but who knows with thoughs cars) no problem but then that was @9.5 - 10psi.... and a 2.4L engine.... with a few more mods then just a turbo....and i know for a fact it would take alot more then just a simple bolt on turbo kit on a 2200 to beat a stage 2 SRT-4

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Sunday, September 10, 2006 6:52 AM

I'm sorry for being a little biased in my response to his post.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 3:09 PM
98redcavz24 wrote:
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

i'm not really kidding. think a minute. most cars on this site arn't well turboed. i made 241whp on my last setup and went dead nuts even with a stg II srt4. i even posted the video on here. jsut because you and a few other people threw down some damn good stock block numbers, doesnt mean everyone does. i'm speaking for the majority.

The Neon SRT4 and Z24 weigh just about the same..... 2800-2900 lbs.

The Stage II upgrade:

My old setup was good for 13.6's on 6-7psi...... *about* 270hp.
On 15psi, the same setup was good for 12.8-13.0's...... *about* 300hp

Now my Setup wasn't anything special...... 90% of the kit was identicle to every other turbo 2.4, so unless your using a straight T3 turbo, there is no reason why you cant hold your own against the Stage II SRT 4........

Now to the original topic of this thread, a Turbo 2200 vs. a SRT 4 (stage II)...... there are very few 2200's up to the challange...... Adler's 2200 setup was one of the very few.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 4:09 PM
Brian, not to thread jack, but how is the new motor running? How do you like the HO exhuast cam with the LO intake cam? Since you were talking about your old setup up there it made me remind myself about your new setup. I dont think I remember you posting how it is doing. Always interested in an nice LD9 build

Also, to contribute to this thread, like the general concensus, it would need a lot more than just a snail on a 2200 to take an Stage 2 SRT-4.
Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:33 PM
wow..........well what can i expect from a boosted 2200?

Monday, September 11, 2006 5:39 AM
Fst Cavy wrote:Brian, not to thread jack, but how is the new motor running? How do you like the HO exhuast cam with the LO intake cam? Since you were talking about your old setup up there it made me remind myself about your new setup. I dont think I remember you posting how it is doing. Always interested in an nice LD9 build

Also, to contribute to this thread, like the general concensus, it would need a lot more than just a snail on a 2200 to take an Stage 2 SRT-4.

IMO It runs like a bat out of hell and drops some jaws on unexpecting prey

Monday, September 11, 2006 10:58 AM
Fst Cavy wrote:Brian, not to thread jack, but how is the new motor running? How do you like the HO exhuast cam with the LO intake cam? Since you were talking about your old setup up there it made me remind myself about your new setup. I dont think I remember you posting how it is doing. Always interested in an nice LD9 build

Runs good, will hopefully get on the dyno on Friday, so we'll see.......

Jeff F wrote:wow..........well what can i expect from a boosted 2200?

about a sec. faster then your best N/A runs....... at least on a stock 2200 and turbo......

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:04 AM
I agree with brian... even wen i was making 233 whp I was pulling on stage 1's slowly. after my tuning and stuff with hpt I was pulling on stage 2's with only 250 whp and the extended gearing which I think helps more then anything (plus the spark ramp outs and fuel changes after 6500)

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:17 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

about a sec. faster then your best N/A runs....... at least on a stock 2200 and turbo......
Maybe with the way a majority of the people build them on here, but not with mine.. I know from a roll, I can hang with a STOCK STAGE 2(no Nitrous) .... I know someone is going to throw up a BS Flag here, but ask some of the people who have been in my car... (Phlatcav,Both the Fetters and a few others).... Its all in the tuning..... Dont go cheap(junkyard setup), do some research, and take your time ... Then get a good tune on it....(HP Tuners is your best bet)........

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:25 AM
Could it also depend on the power - wieght ratio aswell? I mean if you have a gutted car with no massive sound system and whatnot and a properly tuned turbo 2200 I'm sure you could do it.

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:41 AM
Alex (silver03cav) wrote:Could it also depend on the power - wieght ratio aswell? I mean if you have a gutted car with no massive sound system and whatnot and a properly tuned turbo 2200 I'm sure you could do it.
lo, Mine is just the opposite!!! Full interior, glassed trunk/full audio... I remember the look on Brandon Fetter's face when I gave him a ride in it BROKE!!!!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, September 11, 2006 12:12 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

Maybe with the way a majority of the people build them on here, but not with mine.. I know from a roll, I can hang with a STOCK STAGE 2(no Nitrous) .... I know someone is going to throw up a BS Flag here, but ask some of the people who have been in my car... (Phlatcav,Both the Fetters and a few others).... Its all in the tuning..... Dont go cheap(junkyard setup), do some research, and take your time ... Then get a good tune on it....(HP Tuners is your best bet)........

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, September 11, 2006 4:02 PM
Wahaha, Stage 2 SRT-4 ey?

How about a 6.0 LS2 powered GTO . Ive personaly watched Ryan and his Tuned/Turboed heavy ass Cavalier roll on one. Its all about the tuning knowing what parts will be a perfict match to your engine, Tossing on the biggest trim turbo and intercooler might look cool to some people but I hope you dont want it to be fast. Ryan has a internaly stock 2200 and can rip the crap out of my 230HP supercharged ecotec and I know I weigh much much less. I swaped out of the 2200 but let me tell you those things are better than you can even think!

So stage 2 srt-4 VS internaly stock boosted 2200? I say 2200>Srt4

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search