*********Lil update********* - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
*********Lil update*********
Sunday, September 10, 2006 1:32 AM
alright so i got about 1200 miles on it and been slowly starting to get aggressive with it. well i knew the portfueler calibration is for a stock ecu and stock injectors... not a gm flashed on with 370s. so i figured it would run on the rich side...

soon as i hit 2psi all the way to 15psi.... a/f goes from 14.7 and just stays at 10:1 (thats the richest the AEM gauge will register) after about 2-3 seconds of it staying that it just sputters and boggying and looses power. running way tooo rich. so i went and bought a cable to hook my laptop up and im gonna slowly pull fuel back on the secondary injectors. just gonna take some free time which i havent had much off lately. the program that it came with is pretty simple to use. just an X Y axis with boost and rpms.

but all and all.. its an extremely well designed setup. pretty strait foward install too.

on a side note, other things going on.

the top tap on my rk sport mound broke off so i ordered the turbo tech racing mount from aaron. still need to get rotors and pads

passanger side cv pops every now and then. only when im turning right or if down@!#$ to 2nd as im slowing down. doest seem to pop if im accelerating though.

only thing left to do is.
1) tune
2) hook up profec S
3) keep an eye on the cv joint

hoping to head to the track at the end of this month. dont care what i run in the 1/4 just aiming for a 120 trap or better. id like to be in the 11s but it really doesnt matter.

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Re: *********Lil update*********
Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:33 AM
grats dude.... I am really pulling for ya!

next time remember of the time change and dont call me at 4:42 am lol

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:09 AM
Congrats man!! Hope you get that thing tuned in right soon!!

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!
Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:21 AM
Good luck.....hope you break into the 11's man.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:48 AM
Quote:

John H [Cavalierkid]

Just wondering, how exactly did you break in your new engine?

Sunday, September 10, 2006 12:00 PM
500 miles shifting at between 2-4k rpms with no aggressive acceleration. (clutch break in)

then from 500-800 normal driving with decent acceleration. (no redline it or abusing it yet)

from 800-1000 i slowly starting hitting boost.

its got 12xx on it now so i figure its pretty close to being broken in if not already. i drive it how i want it. still havent redlined it yet. it starts running rich when boost its. like low 11s/high 10s. by the time i hit 4500-5000 its just sitting at 10:1 and just boggs down.
i want to get the map leaned out a bit so i dont fowl plugs and so it runs up to par.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 12:03 PM
Quote:

grats dude.... I am really pulling for ya!

next time remember of the time change and dont call me at 4:42 am lol

my bad vamp. i still love you

Sunday, September 10, 2006 4:52 PM
nice man i remember on messenger when you would tell me ur plans for the motor, now its all a reality man good job! now get some vids!

Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:30 PM
can't wait to hear more updates on this car... it's a beast.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:00 PM
hell yeah.
my laptop charger took a crap on me today. so i cant edit the map yet. its weird. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. the cord was ran over with a vacuum so its kinda damaged.

people are planning on heading to the track on the 30th i believe. so hopefully ill have everything set.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search