hahn 16g question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hahn 16g question
Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:47 AM
Well after losing out on a deal with a gm charger for my car. I wanted to know if anyone had a compressor map for the hahn super 16g and how it would work with the LD9. Since I lost out on the supercharger I decided to go turbo. So any info would be great.

Re: hahn 16g question
Saturday, September 09, 2006 7:25 AM
Yeah I'd like to see the specs, too. They advertise it as a "Super 16G" and I'm not sure if it's their own specs or if they're factory Mitsu units. If I remember correctly, the EVO III unit I'm looking at using (pulled off my buddy's VR4) is TD05H turbine, TB03 compressor, 550cfm. That's also a Super 16G, but I wouldn't guarantee it's the same as Hahn.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:46 AM
pretty sure hahn's site lists the housing as a TD05 housing... not sure about the rest of the specs.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:01 PM
IMO opinion t3 super 60 would be best for ld9s...super 20G wouldnt be too bad i guess.

also IMO id say those turbos are too damn small but then again i have a friend with a 1.8L ls teg with a t3/to4e 60 trim with .63ar and i love how it responds.

BTW, you got a PM.

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:45 PM
Super 60s are great, sure. Plenty of J boys run em and the results have been nothing short of impressive. But the typical Super 16G will easily support 18, 20psi and not even flinch, 30psi if you really want it to. And with 450-500cfm of flow, or an LD9, that's plenty. For any 4cyl for that matter. Can't really say much about the Hahn version of the 20G but if it's anything like the factory Mitsu unit, it's gonna be brutal. Spool-up is a bit slow but once it hits...

Saturday, September 09, 2006 1:14 PM
my brother has a small 16g turbo off his eclipse. little miles on it and worked great. he upgraded.

not sure what kind of turbo manifold you would need then.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 1:24 PM
The turbos that Hahn uses, from what I read on their website, use a standard T3 style flange. That's the one thing I really don't get about them. I went to their site because I want to run the 16G from one of our Galants, and since Hahn uses Mitsubishi turbos, I figured maybe they'd sell me just a manifold and I'd be all set. Then I saw they use T3 flanges. So maybe just the compressor side is Mitsu?

Saturday, September 09, 2006 2:28 PM
Saturday, September 09, 2006 4:32 PM
i have a 20g and it hits 8 psi at 3100 rpm in 2nd and above.. and it puts you in your seat.. i dont know about 16g but i am really impressed with the 20g it spools way quicker than my buddys turbonetics t3/t4
Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:48 PM
yea Im just really tryin to get some info on it.... I hope adam or someone from hahn would set in and maybe say something about it. I would really like to get the specs but I can never get ahold of them and it takes forever to get a reply thru email

Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:34 PM
what kind of spool time difference are we talking about on the 16g vs. the 20g? i've been riding in a friends wrx recently with an 18g and when that thing hits boost, it's insane!!!

Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:34 PM
The 20G comes on a LITTLE later (normally only a couple hundo RPM) but it seems to come on harder IMO. When it spools up and starts pumping boost, you know it.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:57 PM
Quote:

what kind of spool time difference are we talking about on the 16g vs. the 20g? i've been riding in a friends wrx recently with an 18g and when that thing hits boost, it's insane!!!

like 200-300. if that. hardly noticeable.

Quote:

The 20G comes on a LITTLE later (normally only a couple hundo RPM) but it seems to come on harder IMO. When it spools up and starts pumping boost, you know it.

x2. and im runnig pig rich.. some lil snatch an a rsx type s just kept screwing with me. i was just on my way home from my buddies i just steped it and that bastard pegged 15psi in no time. threw me right into my seat. suprised the @!#$ out of me. my 16g never hit that hard. even running 15-20psi before i blew my old motor. kinda gave me a slight chub.

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:05 PM
John H [Cavalierkid wrote:]
Quote:

like 200-300. if that. hardly noticeable.

Quote:

x2. and im runnig pig rich.. some lil snatch an a rsx type s just kept screwing with me. i was just on my way home from my buddies i just steped it and that bastard pegged 15psi in no time. threw me right into my seat. suprised the @!#$ out of me. my 16g never hit that hard. even running 15-20psi before i blew my old motor. kinda gave me a slight chub.

Hell yea, i love how big turbos work....usually how it works on the highway with my buddy, he'll hit it and the guy will start pulling away for about 2-3 seconds and when it kicks in all you hear is a @!#$ ton of air coming out of the WG as he blows past them

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Monday, October 16, 2006 11:51 AM
Bump, sorry did anyone ever get the compressor map? Would really appreciate it, thanks!

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search