I've just about had it!! need help!! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I've just about had it!! need help!!
Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:05 PM
I have had a Hahn Stage 2 turbo kit for about 2 years now and I've had fuel problems since day 1. Every time I fix something, another thing goes horribly wrong. But I know I'm close to perfect boosted bliss.

My newest problem is that the car intermittently chugs while accelerating slowly or cruising on the hi-way. sometimes the engine will purr and work great, and every now and then the engine will chug, lean out and shut-off on its own. I have just replaced my fuel pressure regulator and I replaced my fuel pump with a high flow in-tank Walbro 255 about 4 or 5 months ago. I'm guessing that my pump is faulty, but before I go spend lots of money and just throw parts at the problem DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A FIX????.

Its a weird ass problem, I have no clue how to fix it without just canning the entire fuel system.

Thanks alot guys
Evan

Re: I've just about had it!! need help!!
Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:17 PM
Check the high pressure fuel line that goes from the pump to the sending unit. Guarentee it's a little kinked causing the pump to overheat intermittently. I had the same problem. You'll just want to shorten the line a little more so when the cup is compressed ,the line isn't in a kinked position.

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:34 PM
are you using the double pump set up that hahn uses ??

my friends ran great once we got the fuel setting on the ufo right , but he is using the double pump set up

id check what he mentioned above , and check all the electrical connections for the fuel , and maybe drive around with a fuel pressure gauge that you can see , and see what the pressure does when it happens

Friday, September 08, 2006 10:24 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]are you using the double pump set up that hahn uses ??

my friends ran great once we got the fuel setting on the ufo right , but he is using the double pump set up

id check what he mentioned above , and check all the electrical connections for the fuel , and maybe drive around with a fuel pressure gauge that you can see , and see what the pressure does when it happens

Thanks for the suggestions guys, to answer you question about my pump set-up, I am running a in-tank walbro 255.

I will check all the fuel lines, plus I think my coil pack it packing it in to.

Thanks again
I'll let you know how it goes
Friday, September 08, 2006 11:42 PM
hey guys;

I just fixed my problem, turns out that my MAP sensor signal wire coming from the PCM broken. Its because I used to have an E-Manage on the car, and when I removed it not to long ago I didn't double check the MAP sensor connection.

All well, its running good now. Thanks alot anyway for the suggestions.

Have a good one
Evan
Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:33 AM
good to hear

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search