For those with Eco S/C, I have A Question.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
For those with Eco S/C, I have A Question....
Friday, September 08, 2006 7:59 AM
This is somewhat of a noobish question I suppose but I've searched the archives and found numerous responses that didnt quite answer my question. So what I would like to know is, where is everyone "T"ing their vacuum lines for their boost guages into? And also, what about the light source for the bulb, what the safest spot to wire that up to? I've never installed any aftermarket guages so go easy on me please, lol. Thanks in advance.

Re: For those with Eco S/C, I have A Question....
Friday, September 08, 2006 8:33 AM
FPR line...

14.425 @ 97.833 mph stock + GMPP s/c on drag radials.
Friday, September 08, 2006 8:49 AM
heres my 2.4 setup, no idea if yours would be diff or not. pay close attention to the fuel pressure regulator

Friday, September 08, 2006 9:28 AM

The line is right above the charger, there's a thin red circle around it. This pic is without my T fitting.

Friday, September 08, 2006 9:28 AM
Posting pics > Me

Click to make bigger.

Friday, September 08, 2006 9:34 AM
as for the light, you should wire it into the corner/parking lights. this can be done a few ways, and one of the ways is to tap into the thicker brown wire underneath the door jamb panel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Friday, September 08, 2006 9:42 AM
Ok, thanks everyobdy, I just wanted to make sure before I go cutting anything. Also, one other thing, i'm assuming I dont need any other fitting for the lines, I only need the ones that Autometer supplied. Correct me if i'm wrong. Please and thanks.

Friday, September 08, 2006 12:22 PM
shouldn't need more than to hook up the vac line. and tee it off the FPR.

And of course, supply the gauge with power.

If it doesn't read more than 0 at any given point, you should try t-ing off somewhere else. I and a few other people have made the mistake of t-ing off the throttle body. Sure, it'll read, but will never read boost.

Friday, September 08, 2006 12:48 PM
I only need to wire it if I want the guage to light up, I will wire it up but will probably wait until my friend gets into town since he's more knowledgable with wiring, hehe. Time to see if I have enough vacuum line now. Thanks once again for all the help everyone .

Friday, September 08, 2006 12:51 PM
My supplied line wasn't long enough, so I went to AutoZone and bought some more line and some sort of brass connector. I extended the line with it and sealed it up, I don't know how it's working though because I don't have a boost gauge.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search