S/C Install question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
S/C Install question
Sunday, September 03, 2006 8:33 AM
Okay, I am going to be betting the S/C setup here within the next couple of months. I want to know how hard is it to install the setup? I know that if GM doesn't do it they will not warrenty the item. I just want to know how difficult it is to do the install myself. Just trying to avoid spending extra money on the install is all. But if that is the best way to go then oh well, then I will have GM do the install.

GIT 'ER DONE!

Re: S/C Install question
Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:11 AM
Three of us installed mine in the garage with basic hand tools...wasn't anything hard about it to be honest.

Took about 6 or so hours total I think, 2 days total but only about 6 or so hours. Can't really remember anything that was harder than something else other than those bolts under the manifold!! That was a monster to get to!

None of us are mechanics by any stretch of the imagination either!!

Anyone local to you that can help out? I'd say grab a couple friends with a decent know-how of cars and you'd be fine!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Re: S/C Install question
Sunday, September 03, 2006 10:31 AM
Well that would beat spending $800 for an install. I do have a couple of friends around here that could help me out. I know that one of them has some good knowledge about our J bodys. He is also a form member. He would be my first contact to get some help. So it looks like I will be doing my own install now.

GIT 'ER DONE!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search