Ok. Another Question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ok. Another Question
Saturday, September 02, 2006 10:55 PM
Ok, i know i have asked this before, but im still not at ease. i feel that the new fuel pump i recieved in the HAHN stage 2 kit is too loud? i mean i know you guys say i should hear it cause its out in the open, but i mean sometimes when its idleing i can hear it from a good 20 feet away. is this something possibly wrong? when you guys turn your car off does the fuel pump make a wierd final grind noise? also, is it true after running your car a little hard you should idle for a bit b4 turning your car off? let me know, thanks

Re: Ok. Another Question
Saturday, September 02, 2006 11:01 PM
trustttt me mine is that loud haha.... dont worry bout it its natural...

and u should invest in a turbo timer deffinitly helps out but if u cant wait 15-30 seconds after u run it hard....

Saturday, September 02, 2006 11:14 PM
I usually wait a minute or two , even if i wasnt beating on it . I also let it idle for a few minutes to let it warm up even before i drive it.

Sunday, September 03, 2006 7:37 AM
ok, but some people were telling me to wait like 5-10 minutes before turning it off, i always let my car warm up properly and usually wait like1-2 minutes before turning it off. what is your guys fuel psi at when at full boost? i can only seem to reach about 81psi...
Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:19 AM
I don't know how many times I have to tell you this.... your fuel pressure doesn't @!#$ matter. You can't tune based on fuel pressure AT ALL. Hahn tells you you should have 85-88psi in the kit, because thats where they know there is a safe a/f ratio. 4psi of fuel is a marginal difference, and error in injector size can null that out. On top of that, what one guy is running for a fuel pressure is not what somebody else should use. If you want to know if you are safe or not, you need to get a wideband, period. Again, FUEL PRESSURE IS NOT A GAUGE OF HOW SAFE YOUR CAR IS RUNNING.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search