exhaust cutout on gm s/c, worth it? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust cutout on gm s/c, worth it?
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:03 AM
i seen on a few cobalt forums about people going with exhaust cutouts and side exit setups for when they go to the track but havent heard much about if it shows much gain. what do you guys think on a gm s/c car, would it be worth it to put a cutout for the track or would it be pointless and not show any gain? im thinking you'd lose all backpreasure on a s/c application and have no go but whats everyone else think?

Re: exhaust cutout on gm s/c, worth it?
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 5:09 AM
pretty sure you would see gains not positive. but honestly cutouts are just fun if they are electric going from quiet to loud

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:00 AM
sorry, no idea. Cutout on mine addad about 20 hp, but it's turbo so i don't think it has any relevance
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:20 AM
I've thought about doing it but with my 2.5" header back its unrestricted enough and it's plenty loud so i dont think i would really see enough of a gain. hope that helps

Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:49 PM
@!#$ garbage!!!!!!!!!!! dont do it

i had a cutout welded on when i was on 12psi and 2.5 exhaust. i lost SOOOO much power both low and up top. raced with it one night and never again. i lost so the same cars i would beat. plus it sounded like @!#$. i threw it away when i had my 3" system made. plus the fact that the heat warped the cap and it wouldnt seal right so i had an exhaust leak.

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search