What do i do now - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What do i do now
Monday, August 28, 2006 9:54 PM
Ok, i finally got the turbo installed, i started up my car and everything seemed to be ok checked for leaks and all that stuff, but i still have to slowly drive to the gas station and fill up with premium. do any of you hahn stage 2 people now how to wear in a turbo properly? and also, where have you guys been hooking up your oil pressure gauges? thanks

Re: What do i do now
Monday, August 28, 2006 10:05 PM
Don't really need to break the turbo in. Just don't go trying to boost 5 seconds after you start the car.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 1:53 AM
yeah, as far as boost goes. I let the car warm up to normal operating temperature before I lay on the boost.

I don't know as far as to breaking in a turbo. If you feel the need just take it easy for a while. get a feel for the driving and the way boost reacts to your car and how you react to the boost and then just go from there.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 1:58 AM
First of all you arent supposed to run boost on a cold car, so theres that question. As for wearing turbos in just make sure you give it a few minutes to let the oil circulate and lube up the insides of the turbo, take it easy for like 5 minutes of driving it, then give her hell, lol.

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:16 PM
lol sounds good, what do u guys recommend for a spark plug gap in the stage 2 kits? and also, could you guys give me some details instructions on how to hook up my boost/vac gauge? and same with the oil pressure gauge. thanks
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 3:34 PM
Champion SRT4 plugs gapped at .032 or .035 for boost up to 10PSI.

Boost/Vac gauge is WAY too easy. Just read the directions and then do it.
For the OP gauge you'll need a special fitting to install the sender into the head.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 4:08 PM
where do i get the fitting? or cant i just tap into the factory wiring somewhere?
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:43 PM
You have to get the fitting from Autometer. I can get them but I forget the PN and cost. Ain't exactly cheap though. And no you can't tap the wiring anywhere because we don't have a stock oil pressure sensor.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:04 PM
every turbo i had i broke in for 20 min after start up but before starting the car i primed the turbo with oil in the oil feed then held the shaft for 20 seconds while cranking with the ignition disconnected.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:49 PM
We're told to crank the engine with the ignition disabled to get oil into the turbo.

That's about it.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 8:56 PM
ok, well i finally got my new turbo cav out on the road tonight, but i still have a few questions.... Am i supposed to hear the fuel pump running all the time? like its a noticable humming noise that i can hear even when i come to a red light. is this normal? i made sure to mount it tight like the book says. and have any of you had this problem? in order to get my front bumper on, i had to remove the left front foglight because the intercooler pipes were hitting it. like seriously whats with that? anyway, let me know you guys ASAP would be awesome thanks

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 9:01 PM
Yes your going to hear the pump because it's sitting in the open and not totally isolated. It needs to be in the airstream though to cool it off. It gets very hot.

I had to trim my foglight areas as well. Wasn't a big deal to me though.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 9:05 PM
well i loved my foglights especailly after i disabled the DRls, so now i might have to look for some aftermarket ones. so all of you can hear your fuel pumps when you come up to redlights and stuff? and even when your driving? the last thing i want to do is like burn it out or something. i installed it just liek the manual said so i hope it keeps cool enough, any ideas hwo to do that or make it quieter?
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 5:34 AM
bump*
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:26 AM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:Yes your going to hear the pump because it's sitting in the open and not totally isolated. It needs to be in the airstream though to cool it off. It gets very hot.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search