few boost questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
few boost questions
Saturday, August 26, 2006 7:24 AM
ok so this winter me and a friend are gonna gera me up with a turbo set up. now i ma new to this and so is he when it comes to cavaliers. i have read the boost FAQ like 10 times and really the only thing i don't understand is fueling. so here are my questions/ideas/theories whatever. now it is my understanding that some people run stock injectors but use some sort of fuel management computer be it greddy, or apex'i or this other one i have read about on here...cartech i believe its called. and also a fuel pressure regulator. and that they get good results. but some people say so run bigger injectors with the computer and not the regulator. so i dunno what i should do. i am thinking of getting injectors and a FMU. but will my fuel pump need to be upgraded as well or can i use the stock one. my goal is to run normally 6-7 psi but be able to boost it up around 10 if i so desire say if i am going to the track or something. ...so can someone steer me in the right direction and also would be really helpful would be a good place to buy some of this stuff...preferably websites cause there aren't along of places around here that sell this stuff...but some names of good products would be most helpful thank you.

Visit me on Cardomain

Re: few boost questions
Saturday, August 26, 2006 7:26 AM
also forgot to mention i drive a 97 Cavalier 2.2

Visit me on Cardomain
Saturday, August 26, 2006 8:51 AM
start with a top feed conversion... search on this topic

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Saturday, August 26, 2006 9:36 AM
ok did alot of reading on top feed...seems the most logical idea..only thing i can't seem to find is materials needed and a how-to on how this is done...anyone shine some light on this? thanks again

Visit me on Cardomain
Saturday, August 26, 2006 2:31 PM
another question...will this turbo manifold fit my car...ad says 2200 motor but aren't the blocks the same?...correct me if i am wrong
manifold for sale on ebay

Visit me on Cardomain
Saturday, August 26, 2006 2:37 PM
the motors are way diffrent from the egr system to the intake manifolds that they use, and to answer ur question the block makes no difference in what will fit. its the head that it bolts to not the block. And I dunno if the pre 2200 heads are diffrent from the 2.2s ive never seen a 2.2 head only a 2200
Saturday, August 26, 2006 2:42 PM
Buyer ashtonbabb( 12) 17-Aug-06 13:38 120010287665
I bought one. allow 3weeks before it's actually shipped.
you can try to fit a 2200 manifold on your 2.2 head. I belive they must be the same.

Saturday, August 26, 2006 8:14 PM
Mike Smeltzer wrote:another question...will this turbo manifold fit my car...ad says 2200 motor but aren't the blocks the same?...correct me if i am wrong
manifold for sale on ebay

that manifold will fit your 97 2.2. thats the same one i used when i had my turbo ohv.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 6:34 AM
awesome...got that manifold question answered...don't ask me why i said block...lol thinkin one thing and typed another. alright now for the top feed conversion topic...can someone steer me in the right direction of a how to sort of thing, or someone who makes these. also would like to hear if there is anyone who just ran a decent FMU with stock injectors and had it work fine...thanks guys...been most helpful so far

Visit me on Cardomain
Sunday, August 27, 2006 1:36 PM
also i have been searching for pictures of my motor with a turbo set up and i have noticed one other thing....oil cap tube thinger...its usually moved...how is this accomplished and is it hard?

Visit me on Cardomain
Monday, August 28, 2006 1:53 PM
no one can help me with these last few questions?

Visit me on Cardomain

Monday, August 28, 2006 2:15 PM
Mike Smeltzer wrote:also i have been searching for pictures of my motor with a turbo set up and i have noticed one other thing....oil cap tube thinger...its usually moved...how is this accomplished and is it hard?

i cut my oil fill tube and rewelded so that it pointed in a direction that cleared the turbo and manifold.

Monday, August 28, 2006 5:19 PM
if i were u id look at AEM's fmu and just look for some new injectors... do it once mine as well do it right...
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 4:46 PM
MIKE - If you want to do this right upgrade your injectors! If you use a FMU on stock injectors you are probably going to run your duty cycle at like 90-95% when boosting. To be safe on your equipment never run higher then 80% duty cycle.

Play hard, Drive fast, and Be safe...
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:56 AM
so it is my understanding that these injectors can't be upgraded and a topfeed conversion is a must...cause i don't wanna go top feed cause of the money...i know the rest of this isn't gonna be cheap but none the less i am on a rather limited budget...thanks for the info on the oil feed tube alias

Visit me on Cardomain
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:48 AM
only thing i just wondered about cuting my oil check/feed tube is if i cut it and pointed it a different direction would it still show me an acurate reading for oil level?

Visit me on Cardomain
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search