newb going boosted - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
newb going boosted
Saturday, August 26, 2006 2:22 PM
hey all Im new to the boost game and ive been a huge na guy for a couple of years and ive finally realized the huge benefits of hp from running boost. My question is im new to the turbo world but i ve reead a couple of articles on turbos and compressor maps so I know a little bit (not a lot lol) so I was wondering if i should get a turbo kit or if its that hard to build your own, i will also be doin the install myself along with my grandpa who is lost when it comes to fuel injection and everything so hes just there to supervise lol. Oh and im also running stock internals so i wanna build or order a kit that won require a lot of boost to reach 200-225 hp. I was really lookin into the hanh kit bein it has the computer tuning and injectors already in the kit. But Im open to any advice or any opinions. What should I do?

Re: newb going boosted
Saturday, August 26, 2006 6:05 PM
your stock internals can hold upwards of 300hp, hahn stage 2 will give you like 225-235whp on stock internals and will be fine. that should be attainable easy with like 8-9 psi, but i would go ahead and do internals cuz your gonna want more than just 9psi

Saturday, August 26, 2006 6:07 PM
oh and another thing, which engine are you running, im guessing the 2.2 OHV. but your gonna need a little more boost to make 225whp, all the stuff above is based on the ecotec, my bad

Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:57 PM
yes the ohv my fault for nor mentioning that also i would like to ask if a t3/t4 garret trurbo is gonna be better for more hp or the mitsu turos from the hahn kit? I have the capabilities to do all the tuning but i just didn know how much more efficiently the t3/4 turbo will get me hp compared to that of the mitsu turbo. Really what im lookin for is a turbo capable of puttin 225 hp at the wheels on my 2200 motor without running a lot off boost preferably under under the 9 lbs of boost area cuz my motor is approachin 100k miles so im doubtin it can withstand that much boost bein its my daily driver.
Saturday, August 26, 2006 11:30 PM
mitsu turbos are generally small, good for hitting boost quick on smaller 4cyl, i personally would go with the t3/t4 because when you do hit boost, its one hell of a kick

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Sunday, August 27, 2006 12:00 AM
on my old 2200 i use to push 15lbs with a t3 4 six months and it had 100,000 miles on it.

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search