I just made a coolant chart/diagram. plz correct - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I just made a coolant chart/diagram. plz correct
Friday, August 25, 2006 12:40 AM
please correct me if its flawed.(n/m the bad art)

you can see where i tapped along this flow. i've been searching around the site, wasting my time and i couldn't find a coolant flow diagram for the 2200 with a water cooled turbo setup. i just want to know if this is right.

Re: I just made a coolant chart/diagram. plz correct
Friday, August 25, 2006 7:48 AM
lol..somebody wanna handle this? lol

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Re: I just made a coolant chart/diagram. plz corre
Friday, August 25, 2006 9:29 AM
you don't have to run the coolant lines to the turbo, even if the turbo has the holes for it, its not neccesary

Friday, August 25, 2006 10:30 AM
Looks like your going to have some compression problems with those lines in between the cylinders

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, August 25, 2006 10:40 AM
That is basiclly what i have done, but i used a tee in the upper rad hosef or the feed, then for the return i tee'ed into the heater core line. Btw the setup is an eco turbo with the saab parts.

Friday, August 25, 2006 1:00 PM
I would invert you supply and return lines, the cooler the water that you have going into the turbo the better...tap your supply off after the rad, and the return to it prior to the rad...if possible.

Friday, August 25, 2006 5:05 PM
Cadwz24(Projected1) wrote:That is basiclly what i have done, but i used a tee in the upper rad hosef or the feed, then for the return i tee'ed into the heater core line. Btw the setup is an eco turbo with the saab parts.

Just for clarification on that:

Stock ecotec saabs use the upper radiator hose for the return. The feed is off of the thermostat housing at the back of the block.

And to the OP. that diagram looks alright.

Friday, August 25, 2006 7:37 PM
C24s/c wrote:lol..somebody wanna handle this? lol

LMAO, that's the first thing i thought when i looked at it.

Saturday, August 26, 2006 6:35 AM
Sunfires... eh (Tom) wrote:
Cadwz24(Projected1) wrote:That is basiclly what i have done, but i used a tee in the upper rad hosef or the feed, then for the return i tee'ed into the heater core line. Btw the setup is an eco turbo with the saab parts.

Just for clarification on that:

Stock ecotec saabs use the upper radiator hose for the return. The feed is off of the thermostat housing at the back of the block.

And to the OP. that diagram looks alright.

Absolutely incorrect, as far as terminology goes.

The upper rad hose is the higher pressure side of the system (its after the pump).
Its absolutely impossible for water to flow from the low pressure side to the high pressure side.

Unless both sides go to the upper hose, the name "return" cannot be used in cojunction with a hose going to the upper hose.

sig not found
Saturday, August 26, 2006 9:33 PM
C24s/c wrote:lol..somebody wanna handle this? lol

If you have the ability to run a turbo with a coolant passage why would you pass that up it will not only extend oil life but give you bitchin heat in the winter if the return goes to the heater core.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search