fuel pressure gauge an other stuff - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel pressure gauge an other stuff
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:40 PM
okay first of all i have an 04 ecotec cavalier. i wanna install a fuel pressure gauge but i dk whether it would be better to install it on the rail or put it on the fuel line with the little cap on it. i really dont have access to stuff to drill the rail so how easy is it? or would i be better off putting it on the fuel line? i just wanna do some small stuff before i turbo the car. also were can i get the fitting to put the gauge on the fuel line? thanks guys i would like to put it on the rail but am kinda scared it will leak or something, really i think putting it on the fuel line would be easier so id rather do that. hopefully you all can help thanks!

Re: fuel pressure gauge an other stuff
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:02 AM
cmon guys! i searched everywere and i cant find anything! i know alot of ppl have them just need some advice!thanks

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:16 PM
some one?

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 5:02 PM
Fuel Line Gauge gives you how much pressure it being pumped to the rail. Fuel Rail gauge gives you how much pressure is in the rail. They should be almost the same when indling. When you get on it you will find that the rail gauge will drop every so slitly and the fuel line gauge will stay the same.

Your gauge should come with a T if new. If not Autometer makes an adapter for autometer gauges and such!

Hope this helps

Fuel Rail is my pick if you are going Turbo!

Play hard, Drive fast, and Be safe...
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:40 PM
So i should just tap it into the rail if im gonna be using it to tune the idle with the cartech?

Thursday, August 24, 2006 5:51 AM
wait.. i thought ecotec had a schrader valve in there fuel rail,, if so just use that.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:34 AM
anyone happen to know at kind of fitting it uses?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search