S/C Vs. T/C - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
S/C Vs. T/C
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:37 PM
Hey so im a noob when it comes to boost and am having trouble deciding between a T/C or S/C. which do you guys perfer?

Re: S/C Vs. T/C
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:04 PM
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:04 PM
I "perfer" to read the faq before asking such "Frequently Asked Questions"

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:36 PM
to put it in short... all thought its been asked probably 80 - 90 times

all depends on what you want out of your car..... what you can afford to do, not just putting it on but in the long run,

Turbo - more potential for higher hp from your engine but will also need alot of other modifications... as well depending on what your goals are for HP you will have to pick a turbo accordingly... the more hp the bigger the turbo.. the bigger the turbo the bigger the lag in power to spool it up but one its spooled nothing but power! But this will also cost you the most to put on your car as well the most to maintain in the long run... you can expect your car to be out of commision a few times, and some times for a month or so... also parts break easy and faster as tuning is not quite as easy and if not tuned right can cost a fortune... if tuned properly it will run as if you never put the turbo on (aka stock) so a fine line there

Supercharger - very strong low end power... not bad up top... cheaper to get and put on and being that you can run a GM supercharger kit you can do it in a weekend and have it tuned by GM and still keep a warenty on the engine as well as the supercharger its self... very reliable and being that i see your engine is an ecotec your s/c'er would be intercooled or can be so you can run just as much boost as turbo guys are so really you will probably be quicker in the 1/4 mile then a turbo J with same mods... BUT! you will still have more limitations then that of a turbo J as far as boost and power go.. But if all you want is alittle boost... and say 220whp you could easy achive this alot cheaper then a turbo kit and alot more reliable (suggested for daily drivers)

thats just kind of a out line of it.. there is more but it all comes down to, what do you want out of your car, is it a daily driver? can you afford it, ect....

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:01 AM
Good Job Josh!

Myself...I wanted something that I can drive everyday and not worry about anything! Hence the reson I went S/C. I like what I got from the package and realize I have a limit on HP, but all in all I am very satisfied.

With the reflash you can even drop a little in the pulley size and still run everything good. The Eco charger can be intercooled as well so actually going to a smaller pulley is the way to go on these things. So, I figure I can get 220 hp, drive it everyday and still surprise a few folks and at the same time have fun!

If you are looking for down the road, more improvements and building a car that someday will be a beast...I'd say go turbo!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:16 AM
i concur with bot posts. i've had turbo and dealt with the issues that can come with them. now i run the GMPP S/C and my daily driver doesn't even hiccup!! i just recently did alot of breathing mods to it and it is still running properly in regards to fuel and timing.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:01 PM
Quote:

Blown DanteMustDie
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:04 PM

I "perfer" to read the faq before asking such "Frequently Asked Questions"

I read the FAQ but no where in there does it list the opinoins of the people who use them, and thats what i am after.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search