It's Been Awhile.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
It's Been Awhile....
Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:46 PM
I haven't been on these boards in probably a year or so..between finishing school, starting a job, and buying a house..as well as other hobbies I've been totally out of the car seen..thankfully I was fortunate enough to have an extra vehicle so I could let me J sit on the sidelines. But now I have an itching for scraped knuckles, oil under my nails, and some good old welding fumes.....so help refresh my memory so I don't do something stupid over the next 5 days.

The car is up on jackstands, Turbo is attached to the manifold, as well as all oil lines. Charge pipes are not done..so that needs to go in there. Exhaust is about 3/4 done, I have a multitude of bends coming down with a piece of flex pipe right before the cat, it continues on the way back. I have a Cartech FMU, with the HO injectors in place. Last time I had her running..a long while back...boost was set to around 5-7 psi. I have a wideband I'm going to install, the LM1...so I can for sure say how it's running...

I have an EGT gauge and boost gauge. What do I need to do before attempting a fire up..For now, I'm going to just cut the exhaust midway down the car..just so I can get it running. I'm thinking I need to change the oil and of course drain the gas/replace the sparkplugs. Although..I think the plugs are brand new..the ac delcos that are supposed to be colder range..please link a part number....would make me sick if I put the wrong ones in a year ago....Other than changing essential fluids and checking basic electrics..what else would you recommend?

Will race for food

..check out my miscellanous mods

Re: It's Been Awhile....
Monday, June 12, 2006 9:34 AM
i would run different injectors.

them HO injectors dont like higher fuel pressure then stock. At least that is what i experienced and a few others.

good luck.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search