Will This IAT Sensor Work?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Will This IAT Sensor Work??
Friday, June 09, 2006 9:35 PM
Hey guys I posted my car setup earlier and I mentioned that my stock IAT sensor had craped out on me. I am on the market for one that I can screw into my intercooler charge piping to give me a more precise tuning and reading. I found this one by MSD and I was wondering if it would work for me http://store.streetspeedusa.com/5057.html ? If so I can just weld a bung to my charge pipes and then I will have one more thing checked off my need to improve on list. Thanks in advance!

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Re: Will This IAT Sensor Work??
Friday, June 09, 2006 9:40 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=106616&t=106578#106616

yep. msd 2320... same one i got

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, June 09, 2006 9:45 PM
You can use one from a Camaro. I forget what years though. Reads the same as our stock one but its made from metal and is threaded.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, June 09, 2006 9:47 PM
i think the msd 2320 is that stock replacement for camaros...

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, June 09, 2006 10:58 PM
This may help. I went to NAPA and picked mine up but I threw the box away a couple days ago.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=88197&t=43180#88197
Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:40 AM
Just an update on this whole thing.

I went to Autozone and picked it up the SU107. Plug and play (no splicing needed)

I had a hole already in my charge pipe for my old stock sensor, but it was really crappy the way I had it in there.

So I drilled the hole bigger welded in a 3/8 MPT Nut. (thread sizing 3/8Mpt 18) Put everything back in and took her for a spin. I must say this.

It made a noticeable difference. This could be because my old was was poorly installed, but now my car it much more responsive, and pulls much better throughout the power band. Who would of thought a stupid IAT sensor would have made such a difference.

Bottom line is, If your IAT is not in your pipes. GET IT THERE NOW. lol

Sunday, June 11, 2006 12:33 PM
Just a heads-up for everyone....It's NPT not MPT. Had to correct you Ken because someone would go looking for the wrong thing and start bitching when they couldn't find it

Sunday, June 11, 2006 1:38 PM
Lol I feel dumb I dont know why i put Mpt When I know it NPT. I use it everyday at work. lol

Sunday, June 11, 2006 1:47 PM
Alright.....How much did the one from Autozone cost you Ken? I like the fact you said it's plug and play as well. Also about how far should I mount it from the tb? Thanks in advance!

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Sunday, June 11, 2006 1:53 PM
I think it is $15 for the Autozone one. It clips right in without any issues.

I have mine mounted literally on top of the TB in the plenum box HRC supplies. Here's a picture for you. Doesn't have to be this close but closer is better.

Also you don't NEED to use teflon paste but I would just to ensure a seal. It's not gonna make a difference either way because if you tap it right the threads should seal fine, at least for this use, but I Tefloned mine and haven't had any issues.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:04 PM
Heres a few of my pics. Please excuse the crappy looking weld. Its sealed so what do I care. lol
The Part number is SU107 from autozone. It was $14.99

Also I took these pics with my Camara phone

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search