mech fuel press. gauge in cab bad? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
mech fuel press. gauge in cab bad?
Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:23 AM
I just want to tap the rail and run some braided through the firewall; is this really all that bad? i know that its not recommended, but i dont feel like spending 200 on an electric.
My main reason for making this was to ask if traveling so far through a braided line would have an affect on the reading. prob not since mech oil gauges run just like that. I just wanted an opinion on all this.

Re: mech fuel press. gauge in cab bad?
Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:44 AM
you don't want to have gas inside the vehicle... if you notice all cars run the gas lines outside expossed to the elements ect over running it inside the car. The is absolutely no reason to run a gas line into the passenger compartment, don't be cheap spend the extra $ for the electric gauge and extra safety

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:44 AM
Gotta agree with darkstars man. Spend the extra money.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:50 AM
or run it on you cowl. autometer makes a cowl gauge mount. so you can see it through your windshield, but its safely mounted outside.

1996 Z24
Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:54 AM
I would have to agree, spend the extra money... Its worth it, i did it!!

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!
Sunday, June 11, 2006 12:01 PM
You can get an isolator to run the gauge inside the cabin. They're around $100 I think.

You do not want fuel inside te cabin. It's just plain dangerous.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 1:00 PM
alrite alrite, this is why i made this post. otherwise I just might have gone through with it. But i do kinda like the idea of running it to the cowl. Does anyone happen to have a picture of iT like that?

wesel, can't find anything about an insulator. can you explain some more for me?
Sunday, June 11, 2006 4:38 PM
for the cowl pic look at muscle cars, they tend to have cowl gauges alot, haven't seen them often on sport compacts

Monday, June 12, 2006 12:37 PM
im running a electric fuel pressure gauge from auto meter

Monday, June 12, 2006 5:44 PM
I just used an isolator, basically it runs fuel to a little isolator thingy you can mount on your firewall, and from there it runs a non flammable liquid to the gauge in your cab. Its pretty much a no brainer install.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search