Turbo'd Ecotec Needing HELP - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo'd Ecotec Needing HELP
Friday, June 09, 2006 11:37 PM
Ok to start off I have a 03 sunfire ecotec and now it is turbo'd,
The specs are as fallows,

I have a Turbo XS t3/t4 turbo
full custom charge pipes and intercooler
the wastegate is an external 35mm with return pipe routing back into the exhaust
a fuel pressure regulator
stock injectors

Right at this moment I have a 9psi spring and If I put my foot to the floor it seems to not like it, it is not quite a hesitation but more like it bogs. Now if I put my foot 3/4 the way down so it only boosts at like 7 psi then it takes off like a rocket but I need to know how to cure this problem because I am planning on putting in a 12psi spring. I have thoughts that I need to up the injectors to 42# or more but I would like your opinions on what you think it could be?

Also should I get 42# injectors or 50# injectors? Is there such thing as running to big of injectors?

IF you need anymore info just let me know.

Now Boosted I Won't Go Back,
Set Goals, Then Beat Them ! ! !

Project Yellow Blur Is Under Way ! ! ! ! !

Re: Turbo'd Ecotec Needing HELP
Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:05 AM
stop now before you blow your motor if you havent already. NEVER EVER boost without fuel upgrades. that is probably a reason why and the other reason is your probably maxxing out your fuel pump. i wouldnt let the car see any boost at all till you get everything corrected no matter what anyone sez. no fuel plus all that air from the turbo is gonna make a nice mess in your block.

Now Powered By TEAM GREEN

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:18 AM
Like what's stated above.

First you need to get a fuel pump. Since you want to go over 10psi, I'd get a 255lph walbro in-tank. Second, you need to get some 42lb green tops (direct plug and play pretty much). Then you need to get a nice management system, or at least an adjustable FMU and AFPR.

I hope your engine holds in the meantime though.........
Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:19 AM
Oh I just noticed you have a fpr. Now go get the other stuff!

(website under construction)
Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:49 AM
Brad what is the base pressure at? Where are you getting the signal for the fmu from? If you have some pictures take thtem and post them. I told you as well to only use the 4psi spring until you do some fuel @!#$. 4psi and an fmu with stock pump should be fine. not efficient or as effective as other stuff but it will let your boosted time be rich. Post some more setup info and some pics.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:28 AM
Ok I have a msd fuel pump aswell and I am thinking of getting either 2 sizes of fuel injectors.

Which ones do you think will be better?

42# injectors or 50# injectors?

Also what do you suggest for an engine managment system?

I am all so new to this I just need to know what I should be using and how to make it all
work together so all help is welcome.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:31 AM
Ok I have a msd fuel pump aswell and I am thinking of getting either 2 sizes of fuel injectors.

Which ones do you think will be better?

42# injectors or 50# injectors?

Also what do you suggest for an engine managment system?

I am all so new to this I just need to know what I should be using and how to make it all
work together so all help is welcome.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:55 AM
Ok I have only less than 48 hours to say whether I want 42# injecors or 50# injectors so I need to know which ones I should get and then that will end the injector problem.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:07 AM
Go with the #42's and for fuel manegment go with the Cartech BEGI if your not planning on running megasquirt or hp tuners. BE careful if you pumping it up to 12 psi without a good tune or your gonna go boom.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:56 PM
Look at HP Tuners really closely. It's great stuff and it'll help you get big power. You should get the 42lb injectors, man. I have those on my Eco and they run really well. I hope you get your project to work, bro! Turbo Ecotecs are very fun to cruise around in!
Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:20 PM
Ok thank you for the help I am now running just 3.6psi spring and it works great but not enough. I also am just wondering now how would I go about tuning myself if I get a fuel managment unit? Also how hard would it be to install it myself? I am just trying to figure this all out before I try it myself or send it out to a shop to have it done.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:09 AM
Ok I have now baught an safc 2 and an aeromotive fuel rail pressure regulator. What should my fuel pressure be set at with the 42# injectors and also how do I tell what the fuel regulator is set at because it dont have a gauge? Also any info on how to istall my safc 2 would be great aswell.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search