alittle issue with fuel i think - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
alittle issue with fuel i think
Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:47 AM
ok hey everyone. i h ave a 2001 2200 sunfire with the j tuners turbo and intecooler kit . it has rc 310 cc injectors , and a cartech fmu , no ignition mods. for some reason .... it studders when i accelerate it hard.. kinda like its getting to much fuel . so for the cartech fmu ... is it the further the set screw on top is out the less fuel it dumps in the engine? if so how far does the screw comeout . does it have a stop on the screw to stop it before it comes completly out ? would it b e better to just take the fmu out all together and just run the 310 cc injectors? i'm running 5 psi. and about every other time when i stop the car at a light or somethin it dies out . i have a 4 speed autopmatic to . and when it first starts up .. for the first five minute a lot of black smoke comes out the exhaust. and then the other day on the way to the track when i was doin bout 70 it all of a sudden went lean and studdered like no tommorow. the only way i could get it to rev was to slam the gas pettle down . and so much black smoke came out i couldn't see the car behind me. i really need some information on this . what are yall opinion ? and i want to take a minute and thanks everyone that has helped me over the past few months . yall are great . i know i probly aggrevated some of yall . i appoligize. thanks again . i can't wait for the next j body bash . i'm definitly goin .

Re: alittle issue with fuel i think
Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:49 AM
The very top screw, the one that is vertical, controls your base fuel pressure. The little screw on the side where you have the check valve, that controls the FMU rate.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:59 AM
ok cool ... i kinda figured that.. does the set screw on top have a stop in it to prevent u from unscrewing it all the way out ?
Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:33 AM
It might, I'm not sure, but if you screw it all the way down, you can damage the FMU.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:38 AM
yeah thats what i heard .. i heard that screwing it down increases fuel pressure too .. i'm running wqy to rich as it is i think because of the black smoke .
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search