What BOV to use? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What BOV to use?
Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:35 PM
I have the Hahn stage 2 kit, I'm gonna have alot of CF and shiney parts under the hood in cluding the charge pipes so I don't want the Hahn kit's BOV, its black plastic..... what shoudl I use? It mounts liek the one in the pic below (through hose clamp) Looking for something adjustable and shiney billet is polished whatever ... (and obviously has to work) thanks in advance

^^^ need one that style not the style show below (bolts on)

Re: What BOV to use?
Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:50 PM
If going for Show. then pick up the HKS SSQ its big Shiney. just have one pipe welded up.

Friday, June 09, 2006 2:40 AM
Get the Turbo XS RFL. I love the crazy looks that people give me when they hear it and realize its coming from a Cavalier.

Friday, June 09, 2006 9:51 AM
i loved my hks.. sounded awesome.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Friday, June 09, 2006 11:16 AM
Greddy Type S. You can polish the bottom part and then paint/powdercoat the top to match the color scheme of your engine bay. If I were you, I wouldn't buy any of the knockoff brand BOV's on eBay like those that you have pictured above. Spend the extra money and get a name brand BOV.

DCStang67 wrote:I love the crazy looks that people give me when they hear it and realize its coming from a Cavalier.

I know exactly what you mean. Imagine the looks I get when people hear "psssshhhhh" come from an Alero

Friday, June 09, 2006 12:42 PM
LOL I was going to say the Greddy type S too. Thats whats on my car now. I love it

Friday, June 09, 2006 2:57 PM
HKS is pretty nice, I like my vortech

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, June 09, 2006 4:14 PM
i have a turbo xs RFL for sale ....50 bucks and its urs......just gimme and email or hit me up on aim

you scratch my ride IMA EAT YO CHILDREN
Friday, June 09, 2006 4:25 PM
I plan on getting a decent one, not just a cheap POS cause its shiney, I just posted the ebay pics to give an example of what I was talking about with mounting, I will look into everythign posted above

Friday, June 09, 2006 5:20 PM
stock 1g dsm bovs work awesome. they hold from 18-21 psi, ive ran 6 of them and thats what ive found in all of them. most of them were around 20 psi all the way to redline.
i now run the hks race bov now though but its pretty damn pricey but it holds like 43 psi or something, cant remember.
Friday, June 09, 2006 6:30 PM
recirculate that $hiz BOV are cool but ........ i think they get annoying. I don't a have a turbo but every time i hear one it annoys me. That is just my opinion

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search