2200 Turbo Manifold, Make it or buy it your opinon - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 Turbo Manifold, Make it or buy it your opinon
Friday, June 09, 2006 1:41 PM
So all thats left is the mainfold and guages, So I found the ever so popular ebay manifold for just under 200 shipped, pretty ugly but simple.

Now should I just grab my balls and spend 200 on this log manifold and mke a heat shield to cover its uglies or should I buy the stuff and weld it up myself?

As for parts, those of you that made your own where did you get the Flanges and pipes?
Aprox what did it cost you to do it?

Ill need a T3 flange and either a 35mm or 38mm Wastegate flange.

Oh I removed my AC so I have a bit of room to mount it down below, however Id like to show it off.

Thanks

Re: 2200 Turbo Manifold, Make it or buy it your op
Friday, June 09, 2006 2:10 PM
you could spend that money on an ebay manifold if you're not capable of welding your own.

another one to consider is the j-tuners equal length mani. that thing is a work of art, and would look awesome underneath the hood.

keep in mind, the manifold is probably going to get ugly over time if its not ceramic coated or stainless anyway.

Friday, June 09, 2006 2:15 PM
I plan to buy a coated one or coat the one I make, And I can weld myself, if not me, my friend who welded up my tank for me welds HIGH pressure welds for a living.

Friday, June 09, 2006 2:52 PM
i got one for the ecotec from CC-fab it was very nice mabye try him? i dunno if he olny does eco though.

Friday, June 09, 2006 3:38 PM
who? where is CC-fab?

Where can I find -tuners equal length manifold?

Friday, June 09, 2006 3:51 PM
you'd have to email him and ask if he would mind selling it individually

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:52 PM
if u email jtuners then they will tell u that the manifold is $425. i said f that and got the log

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Friday, June 09, 2006 11:14 PM
$425 for an equal length, ceramic coated turbo header? not that bad considering they're the only company to offer one.

You have to look at how much money vs. power really means to you.

theres no doubt that an equal length header will net you a quicker spool then any log manifold, also better control of your boost pressures due to the wastegate dumping exhaust from EVERY port.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:48 AM
yea true, never thought about that but if ur not looking for a lot of power than the log would b more suitable.

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:34 AM
if you're on a tight budget, the log manifold is more suitable.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:48 AM
Our manifold is only $268 if your curious about price! and includes a 1-year warranty with it, as far as i know, no one else offers warranty.

www.hrprowelding.com

Sunday, July 09, 2006 12:08 AM
Well I ended Up buying the ebay Log manifold, $200 Ill just make a Heatshield to cover it up if I use it. But the Ironic part is this WHOLE week I called aorund every race and steel fab shop in the AREA and not a SINGLE one would touch the manifold, SO I ordered the ebay Log fridyay night, and one of my Female friends from out of town came to town this weekend, (she makes custom rollcages, exaust, and manifolds for a living and I completly forgot. So I may get her to make a an Equal-lenth manifold and Put the turbo in place of the A/C compressor and re-sell the Log.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:54 AM
no ones made a mini header yet, that would be cool.

point the outlet on the manifold down just like the DSM guys that'd be badass.

would have to clear the coolant housing to the rad, and get rid of a/c, but it'd look awesome.

I'd also recommend going externally gated if you're having a manifold fabbed up.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 6:45 AM
so, who's gonna be first to fab/run something like this?

http://www.lovefab.com/06/index.php?page=productDetails&primary_id=10

No ones tried it yet, but you'd have to get rid of a/c, and get creative with the placement of the wastegate

edit:

run a manifold like that, and utilize an air to water intercooler to keep your chargepipes short and lag down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, July 09, 2006 6:52 AM

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:35 PM
Well now, I wouldn't say "no one" has tried to fab and run something like that Stainless steel everything, purge welded (inside and out) and the primaries are--for the most part--equal length. I know we coudl've designed it to be a heck of a lot less complex, but we wanted to show people what we could do on this project!

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:38 PM
So How much will that sucker Cost me

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:53 PM
Wow! I like that much more then the Jtuners!

Make those flanges 1/2", stress cut them, and you've got yourself a customer!!

How much, damn you, how much!?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:07 AM
Dam Chris that looks amazing. How much would that cost if you guys had them for sale?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:36 PM
That manifold is absolutely sexy. I need a towel and a price quote, please.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:55 PM
What kind of welding machine are you guys using to fab up those stainless mani's?
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:49 PM
ln2johnny wrote:That manifold is absolutely sexy. I need a towel and a price quote, please.

x2 Any dyno #s from that car?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:40 PM
that turbo manifold is hot. what motor is it for?
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 9:08 AM
Wow, guys...thanks for the good response on this manifold!

What we're doing for welding on these is Mig, but we're also purging them. This means we pump gas into each primary so the pieces are welded inside and out. Then we do the same process to attach them to the flange...so basically this thing is strong and leak-free.

It's designed for my 2200 motor

If we put these up for sale, they'd probably be around the price of the Love Fabs manifold. We put a LOT of work into this thing and it's incredibly hard to make. The only problem is that we don't have a bender yet (because the only one we'd buy is around 60K) so I can't mass-produce these at this point. All I can do is offere them to cars that can be brought into the shop for fitment assurance.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 2:10 PM
you guys do really nice work, I love it!

The price is pretty reasonable considering the work and research/development you've had to put into it.

we have a local guy that will make 1 off equal length mani's for about the same price in CDN.

again, incredible work, its a thing of beauty!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 4:14 PM
I understand you only sell the manis to J's that can make it into the shop. What's the possibility buying one, even if youc ant make it to the shop. I live around 300 miles away. maybe more.

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search