issues with my GM eco s/c - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
issues with my GM eco s/c
Friday, June 09, 2006 12:18 PM
sup guys

I have a couple questions:

1. about 3 weeks to one month after I got my supercharger, my clutch started having trouble grabbing when the car is still warming up, which leads me to believe that it's about to crap out on me.... Is this something I could get fixed under warranty because it only started after getting the s/c and obviously a gm kit isn't supposed to break stuff, right ? I think normally the clutch isn't warrantied...

2. when driving, when I have the throttle about 20 % to 80 % down... there is a whistling noise (it's not the s/c whine and it's very audible from within the car). It isn't there when I'm granny driving and it also disappears if I'm close to or at WOT (at WOT i only hear the whining goodness). I was wondering if it's a normal sound or if it could be a leak of some sort.... I do have a cone filter at the end of my stock tubing which means i hear every sound coming from the s/c alot more than say someone who has the stock airbox...

3. When parked on idle with the hood up (after driving it any amount of time), if I stand in front of the car, I don't hear the engine at all, because a funny noise from the s/c drowns it, and the s/c shakes a bit. It doesn't shake that much but it feels like something in the supercharger is not lubricated enough and the rotors are rubbing the insides of it...

So any ideas ?

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.

Re: issues with my GM eco s/c
Friday, June 09, 2006 1:14 PM
1year/12,000 miles is warrenty on clutch

2 my cav has a wistle almost , its a normal noise , its stupid terms , its the sound coming back through the bypass valve , and going through the tb and intake

3 not sure , mine makes a little noise , but nothing abnormal from others ive heard

Friday, June 09, 2006 2:20 PM
you should prob upgrade to a spec stage 2, reguardless if the stock one grabs now it wont for much longer

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, June 09, 2006 2:53 PM
My S/C has the same whistle noise, I was also told it is air coming through the bypass valve

Friday, June 09, 2006 2:54 PM
whistle..........thats not whistle, a vortech has whistle LMAO

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:14 PM
^^ Really do vortechs whistle at only 7 psi?

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:51 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]1year/12,000 miles is warrenty on clutch

this is from when you buy the car right, not a warranty that comes with the s/c kit ?

Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:54 AM
03supercharged wrote:My S/C has the same whistle noise, I was also told it is air coming through the bypass valve

I'm really glad it's not a problem, I like that sound, makes me think of some kind of spool up sound lol

Saturday, June 10, 2006 11:31 AM
Vortechs whistle at any rpm or psi

Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:45 PM
I was just kidding, I meant no harm.... Not that it looks like I upset you...

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:19 PM
hey im used to it by now lol

Saturday, June 10, 2006 5:30 PM
Blown DanteMustDie wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]1year/12,000 miles is warrenty on clutch

this is from when you buy the car right, not a warranty that comes with the s/c kit ?

from the day you bought the car

the whistle from mine varies , but as i said its all normal

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:10 AM
thanks man you're a great help as always

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:24 AM
its a whistle from the TB.... mine does it, and did it with just an intake... its because of the cone filter and less air restriction I think... of course I dont hear it much now all I hear is this loud sucking noise and then I have to hold on for dear life w00t

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:25 AM
it's definitely w00t

Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:40 PM
phil you dont know what your talking about so stfu

the tb whistle and s/c whistle are 2 different sounds

Monday, June 12, 2006 9:19 PM
hey sorry to burst your bubble, but you more than likely dont have a warranty anymore. For sure you dont have one if its an extended warranty your on. Well you might have one, but its gonna take a lawyer to get a dealership to fix the car and the warranty company to pay for it. Trust me, GM lied out there a$$holes when they said you get to keep your warranty.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:37 AM
-JaysonZ24- wrote:hey sorry to burst your bubble, but you more than likely dont have a warranty anymore. For sure you dont have one if its an extended warranty your on. Well you might have one, but its gonna take a lawyer to get a dealership to fix the car and the warranty company to pay for it. Trust me, GM lied out there a$$holes when they said you get to keep your warranty.

I guess you're the one out of luck here, because even after everything was installed and paid for and all my dealer's service tech reassured me that if anything was wrong at all the power train was still warrantied until november 2008 and 60 000 miles in my case...

I'd really like you to prove me wrong, and most likely the dealer where you're going is just being an ass...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:23 AM
i'd be carefull when dealing with aftermarket parts and extended or even drive train warranty. what one tech or service manager considers proper, another might not and fine print might come into play. i know of a few people who have had performance parts installed on their GM's from a dealer and later on things went wrong and it was found that these parts did in fact void certain areas of the warranty and the customer was out of luck. just an F.Y.I.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:28 AM
Blown DanteMustDie wrote:
-JaysonZ24- wrote:hey sorry to burst your bubble, but you more than likely dont have a warranty anymore. For sure you dont have one if its an extended warranty your on. Well you might have one, but its gonna take a lawyer to get a dealership to fix the car and the warranty company to pay for it. Trust me, GM lied out there a$$holes when they said you get to keep your warranty.

I guess you're the one out of luck here, because even after everything was installed and paid for and all my dealer's service tech reassured me that if anything was wrong at all the power train was still warrantied until november 2008 and 60 000 miles in my case...

I'd really like you to prove me wrong, and most likely the dealer where you're going is just being an ass...

the dealership told me no, and then when i called GMPP myself about it, they said it wouldnt be covered as well.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search