GM supercharger, Eco vs LD9 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM supercharger, Eco vs LD9
Friday, April 28, 2006 9:00 AM
I'm curious, which engine do you guys think is faster/produces more power with the GM supercharger? Assuming that both cars are stock (except for the charger) which do you guys think will have the edge, the 2.2 Eco or the 2.4 LD9?

"Kneel before ZOD!!!"

Re: GM supercharger, Eco vs LD9
Friday, April 28, 2006 9:03 AM
the eco already makes pretty much the same stock hp as a 2.4. the 2.2's charger is bigger, and runs more boost in "off the shelf" form. Hence, the eco w/ charger will most likely make more power than the LD9. The eco with charger will DEFINITELY have more ultimate potential as the M62 has already proven to be able to produce 270 whp, and no M45 setup i've seen has come close to that without nitrous.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, April 28, 2006 9:17 AM
definitely the eco for the same reasons as scarab

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Friday, April 28, 2006 9:22 AM
Yep, Eco it is.

@!#$s!

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:22 AM
My car in showroom stock form made 135.8 WHP and with the addition the GMPP S/C I registered 179.6 WHP when the engine was in running temps.
But being the L61 charger is a M62, it should pull out more power. Us LD9 drivers got screwed because in the 90's GM was testing/teasing a M62 unit and not a M45.
Meh, I don't mind, to much power in a FWD is oxymoron in my book. Because of that, I use the other car.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, April 28, 2006 10:07 PM
i would say the eco.

i want to see how that s/c is in a few years when people start messing with that and adding other mods to the engine.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 12:41 PM
^^ to be honest with you, from the numbers i've seen out of the Intense Stage 3 kit on the LSJ, i'd be willing to bet that with the GM s/c (ported blower housing), 2.8" pulley, ported head, cams, header, slicks, some minimal weight reduction, and a really good tune with HPTuners, the L61 could do high 11's. It might even take less than that, but I'm almost certain that if anyone ever takes it to that level, that's what could come of it.

To be honest I've been thinking of it myself lately, just can't find a 3rd gen 2000-up J for a price low enough for me to want to buy it and then rip it all apart.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, April 30, 2006 7:20 PM
yep . i agree with ya.

thing is the other car in my garage is a 02 ls sport(my wifes). with some basic mods(b&m shifter/rk intake/ lower mount and suspesion mods). i am dying to boost that in some way shape or form . that is why i am watching these gm s/c guys. I even thought of selling my 2.4 set up/ getting rid of the car and just modding that. but i doubt that will ever happen.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search