going to be stepping up, few precautionary q's - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
going to be stepping up, few precautionary q's
Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:16 PM
So I'm going to be buying the GM Supercharger kit from a local in MA, have a few questions about upgrading the pulley and such.

1) My engine has 106k miles on it. Is putting on the 2.6" pulley (thats the 8psi one, correct?) going to be too much for this kind of milage?

2) Should I just put the pulley on before I install the whole kit?

3) How badly do I need some sort of cooling before I install the pulley, and are there any other precautionary measures outside of GMs kit I need to take before doing so?

4) Should I get a water injection kit before I change the pulley?

5) Should I change the pulley before I get my reflash at the dealer?

6) I have a set of the secret cams thinking about putting them in this summer, is this a terrible idea for 106k miles, is it a bad combination with the charger, bad combo with the pulley? with the water injection? How much better of an idea would it be to get the cams done and the pulley/injection before the reflash if it were possible?

Thanks guys.

Re: going to be stepping up, few precautionary q's
Friday, April 28, 2006 9:06 AM
I actually have alot of the same ?s. Did you buy Will Welsh's SC?

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:09 PM
Mmm no buying them from a guy named Dave. He has a turbo setup now.

Bump and any one have any advice?

Saturday, April 29, 2006 5:08 AM
You should get the reflash as soon as you install the kit. It is better to have the car towed there, but if you cant you can always zip tie the bypass valve open so it wont create boost. If you drive it there you cant install the new map sensor. Once you are there you can put the sensor in before they flash it.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 7:15 AM
haha makes sense that I get a decent answer from you considering I'm buying the kit from you... see you in a few hours.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 10:28 AM
That's depressing, I just emailed DCStangs67 5 minutes ago with an offer for the S/C. Oh well Good luck with the instal Jesse!

Saturday, April 29, 2006 10:44 AM
Thanks pyrofreek. Since you got snaked on this one maybe you'll find a good deal within a few days like I did when the last setup I was buying (with an engine) decided it wasn't for sale. Good things come to those who wait. As for me... I will have plenty of fun with this one hehehe... I just gotta decide if I'm gonna put it on right away or get a smaller pulley/water injection to save time just put them on before it's installed.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 6:18 PM
I had also made an offer on this kit. I am sure both Jesse D and Pyrofreaks offer were better than mine. I made an offer of $1100 but was willing to go up to 2000 under certain circumstances. Are either of you willing to say (Jesse D or DCStang67) what price you agreed on. I am trying to get a good idea how much a used GMSC goes for. Thanks Wade

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:30 AM
Jesse D wrote:Thanks pyrofreek. Since you got snaked on this one maybe you'll find a good deal within a few days like I did when the last setup I was buying (with an engine) decided it wasn't for sale. Good things come to those who wait. As for me... I will have plenty of fun with this one hehehe... I just gotta decide if I'm gonna put it on right away or get a smaller pulley/water injection to save time just put them on before it's installed.

And I did indeed find a pretty good deal. Hopefully everything shows up to my house healthy and ready to go, just gotta find a pesky dealership that knows what they're doing to reflash. I already talked to one locally and they didn't know squat about what I wanted.....eah we'll see. Good luck with the setup!

Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:06 PM
So I found out I'm not going to be getting enough student loans to cover me next year at school, so I have no choice but to sell the kit already. I didn't install it. Selling locally for what I paid, $1650 with boost gauge.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:25 PM
That sux dude. Sorry to hear that it couldnt work out for you. You should put it on anyway and @!#$ school. All you need is a boosted J. J/K . Dont be a fool, Stay in school

Friday, May 12, 2006 7:35 AM
Yeah I'm really bummed because I REALLY wanted to get the kit installed, but right after I bought it my passlock cylinder broke ($450) and I replaced two tires ($220) and that was my cushion money.

So if anyone is interested, 978 340 4595 any time of day/night we'll work something out.

Dave, if you wanted to buy it back for $1600 so that you'd make $50 and could resell it for more, let me know. I know there were people interested in it when you had it.

Friday, May 12, 2006 7:52 AM
I would buy it from you for that but I just bought one for 1500 that needs a map sensor and injectors.

Friday, May 12, 2006 9:18 AM
I only had it in the classifieds. You are doing the same thing I did.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search