pulley time....need some answers - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pulley time....need some answers
Thursday, April 27, 2006 4:35 PM
hey well im currently running the stock pulley seeing 4.5 psi (was seeing 6 before port and polished head and i have 310cc injectors with stock pump and no alky injection and im wanting to uppin the boost with the 2.6" pulley.

1. If i get a wideband will i be able to tune the air/fuel ratio or just read it? (im reading my air/fuel gauge for now and seeing all the way green so not sure on numbers)

2. the new pulleys DO fit without any snout or pulley grinding correct?

3. im running a WOT 35 (about to be 55) dry nitrous shot, would that be good enough for the alky injection at the track until i get the injection kit on?

4. any other things i should know or consider?

Re: pulley time....need some answers
Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:05 PM
5. also, will the belt #4050722 for the 2.5 pulley work fine with the 2.6 or is that another size i need to get and whats the number on that if so.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:10 PM
cant tune with a wiudeband, only read

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:17 PM
BOOSTED wrote:2. the new pulleys DO fit without any snout or pulley grinding correct?
/quote]

Yeah, I e-mailed Pulley Boys about this the other day actually. Their new design for the 2.5 and 2.6 fits with no modding of the snout.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:28 PM
you will want 36lb injectors , and a adjustable fpr

then get the hp tuners to fine tune it

id be using alky over the dry shot , but youll slow down some , but the motor will live longer

Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:35 PM
the nitrous should act as a injection shouldnt it? the charger is ice cold after each track run now so should be fine til i get some cash for the injection kit, i heard josh f and a few others using stock pump and injectors (gm sc injectors) doing just fine.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:46 PM
id personally just stick with the 2.6, the 2..5 is getting close to spinning the internals of the blower too fast. i'd stick with the 2.6 and alky

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:55 PM
do injectors need to be upgraded for the 2.6? I need to know, cuz I'm waiting to install my 2.6 when I get my header real soon.

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/816505
Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:00 PM
with a dry shot your pushing the a/f ratio into the lean range

mine ran low 13's with the s/c injectors , i even had the fuel pressure up as high as my fpr would get it

and i know the a/f for using nitrous is in the 9 range

get a wideband , and watch it like a hawk

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:05 PM
the nitrous makes my car go 100% rich on the a/f gauge all the time.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:10 PM
GM s/c, nitrous, and alky injection. DO it!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:25 PM
dont trust/ use the LED a/f guage. waste of $

get the right stuff(wideband).

good luck

Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:28 PM
i will say the 2.6" pulley is all you will need... as it is the 2.6" pulley is spinning it past what Eaton suggests which is fine as they play it on the safe side... but going much past that i wouldn't trust... Roots blower get very unstable at higher speeds and i found with the 2.6" pulley and alcohol i would get crazy boost spikes up in the high rpms any were from 10psi - 12psi...

also if you spray alcohol either have it between the supercharger and throttle body so that it sprays directly away from the throttle body or if you cant do that make it as far (with in reason) from the throttle body as you can... reason being is you will get alcohol seeping down the throttle body shaft into your TPS sensor... then you will have the fun like i did... all of a sudden at wide open throttle your TPS will read like 20% throttle... can you say LEAN!!!!! your car will then become almost impossible to drive as it will lurch and stumble every where some times wont even move for a bit then next thing you know your burning rubber... not fun trust me....

if you get the pulleys from pulley boys i believe they have the problem fixed for the pulley fitting on the hub... but there was never an issue as far as i found with the 2.6" pulley... and if you search i have the entire install sheet typed up for the install... not hard at all... easy 1hr job... and then once the hub is on... 5min at most to swap pulleys in and out... 2.6" for track... 2.7" for street or what ever... i ran the 2.6" all the time... with and with out alcohol and track and daily driven... never had a problem...

any other questions just let me know on msn...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Friday, April 28, 2006 11:15 AM
went to order from pulley boys today and wouldnt take my debit card so i call them and some guy answers saying pb has been using his number for years and they rip people off, whats up with this?

Friday, April 28, 2006 11:44 AM
ive never heard anything bad about pulleyboys

Friday, April 28, 2006 11:54 AM
is the belt number for the 2.5 pulley the same for the 2.6 or can i use the stock s/c belt?

Friday, April 28, 2006 12:26 PM
What did they change to make the pulleys fit without modification? Did they change the pulley or the hub?

Friday, April 28, 2006 1:50 PM
they had to change the pulley , take a little extra material out to clear the hub

Friday, April 28, 2006 3:21 PM
is this the correct phone number for PB? 253.588.2350 i keep getting some other guy other than PB.

Friday, April 28, 2006 3:35 PM
yep that's the # aight!! mebbe someone still thinks its April 1st!!

Saturday, April 29, 2006 1:16 PM
you cant use a card... you have to do pay pall with them im pretty sure.. i did it no problems...

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)

Saturday, April 29, 2006 3:00 PM
will the stock belt fit fine with the 2.6 or what, i havent found any belt posts for the 2.6, just the 2.5

Sunday, April 30, 2006 3:06 PM
so what belt would i need for the 2.6 pulley?

Sunday, April 30, 2006 3:25 PM
i used the belt that came with the kit for the 2.6" and had no problems at all...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search