2.2 Eco with Hahn Racecraft Stage 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 Eco with Hahn Racecraft Stage 2
Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:51 AM
Well, I've come to a decision, I'll forget about the SRT-4 swap all together and keep it GM with an ecotech 2.2 and just go with the Hahn racecraft stage 2 turbo kit.

Thats still going to leave me looking for something i cant really talk about due to threads getting locked. I know they are out there but I'm having issues finding a stand alone or just an all out ecu swap.

Can someone point me in the right direction with a site or company i can check out please?

Re: 2.2 Eco with Hahn Racecraft Stage 2
Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:02 AM
if you go with the ecotec engine you won't need an ECU, you just need the Hahn port fueler, thats the setup they had with their I believe 11 second pass.

-Chris

Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:30 PM
This will be a bad ass car when you build it. 11's from a Cavi ? that'll stomp a damn good number of V-8 cars and as for 4 bangers PFT! theres not many that could touch you at this point.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:46 PM
IamRascal wrote:if you go with the ecotec engine you won't need an ECU, you just need the Hahn port fueler, thats the setup they had with their I believe 11 second pass.

wow, totally off. not sure if by ecu you meant "don't need a standalone ecu" but you if you meant "don't need an ecu" in that the eco will run off the 2.4 ecu, that would be a mistake.

if you do the eco swap, since you have a 2002, you have it pretty easy. All you need is the engine, trans, wiring harness, and an eco ecu... The thing about the ecu is that you want to get a 2002 ecu because thats the easiest way to guarantee that you have an ecu with open loop operation that will allow you to change the a/f ratio under boost. Even portfueler won't help if you have an ecu that doesn't have open loop operation (which from informal polls on here seems to be 03.5 and up ecus). Look up DaFlyinSkwirl's OHV->Eco swap thread in the 3rd gen forum, that will give you a rough idea of whats needed. The 2.4 should be easier though because I think the radiator is setup like the eco's which will eliminate the need for the rad swap necessary on the 2.2OHV conversions.

Personally, for the money, HPTuners is a way better tuning solution than portfueler. Do the eco swap, install a stock eco ecu, and then buy HPTuners to reflash the ecu with a tune for forced induction. My advice would be to have a professional with a dyno tune it if you don't know what you're doing.

In all seriousness, I would spend a lot of time searching through the boost and performance forums and learning all you can about turbosystems before you even think about bying any parts. A turbo system is not something you should attempt to install or tune until you are totally confident that you throroughly understand all the major concepts involved in it. And to be honest, judging from the questions you've been asking up to this point, you simply are not prepared for this yet.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:15 PM
yeah man be careful what your getting yoour self into. its not just something you want to go and do.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Friday, May 05, 2006 11:59 AM
Thats why Im still in the question phase and looking for the guidance from the experienced boosted guys out there. Im not going to even think about attempting to install and tune this myself, that would be just ridiculous.
Towards the later part of October is when after I come to my conclusions I will actually start the process of buying the parts and finding a place to install and tune, but till then I will still try to gather any info I can and I will check out the 3rd Gen forum and look up that info.

Thanks guys, I appreciate this.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search