Turbo Intake? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo Intake?
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:31 PM
I have been going through a bunch of pictures of peoples cavalier turbo setups and I notice that a bunch of people are running there turbo inlet intake and have a filter around the area of the factory air box one. My question is does anybody have any pictures of the piping they did to squeeze behing all of the wires and stuff to get it to come out there. Thanks in advance!

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Re: Turbo Intake?
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:47 PM
all i used was a 3" silicon 90 bend and a 3" aluminum bend... both from Vibrant... and it fit like a glove... there actualy is a path right from the turbo intake to the stock air box area if you look close.. its like GM had originaly planed to turbo these cars... well on a 5spd any way...

ill look for better pictures but here is what i had posted on here in another topic

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:16 PM
Here is mine on my old motor- Josh you copied me! GO TO HELL!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:11 PM
did you run a straight pipe from the turbo to that spot?> I have a @!#$ty ebay intake that I used last summer, can I cut it and make it fit? I just got my built turbo Ld9 running and need an air filter so I can drive more regularly...

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:53 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:Here is mine on my old motor- Josh you copied me! GO TO HELL!

-Chris-

ahah yea i did kinda... but there really wasnt much of an option... plus im sure you would agree with me when i said about how i swear GM had planed to turbo these engines... because of the tight but yet perfect path for this intake...

also im going to be coping you more... this filter i have on is still from when i had the supercharger intake... and is all beat up... so my next one is going to be a flat one like yours

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search