Turbo this week??? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo this week???
Monday, March 20, 2006 6:41 AM
All right, Ive read through hours and hours and hours of bickering over what the best turbo for a z24 (mines a 2000) is, but none of those scenarios really fit what I want so I've got a few ?'s. Please no ignorant comments... I am going forged internals 8.5:1 pistons, 3" exhaust, MSD-DIS II and The RSM ported goodies and hopefully their cams, p&p, 700cc injectors etc, etc. totally built everything. Now; This is a summer car for weekends and hopefully track days and am looking to get 350-425HP. I will ONLY buy a turbonetics turbo so it has to be something they offer. I had a couple in mind (all t3/t4)but Like I said all the bickering has got me having 2nd thoughts on which turbo. Can you guys (that actually have an idea what they're talking about) suggest a turbo that will get me there as efficiently as possible with aformentioned mods. Sorry its so long but I wanted to be real specific to get answers ASAP. Id like to buy on 03/23/06 to get wrenching for summer. Thanks.

STREET ANTIX, it's coming...

Re: Turbo this week???
Monday, March 20, 2006 6:53 AM
Best: T04E-50 trim, 2nd:57-trim, 3rd:40-trim, 4th:T3'super60', 5th:60-1
What kind of racing are you planning on doing?

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Monday, March 20, 2006 7:01 AM
I want to drag race but the car also has to be "streetable" like I said so I can go out on weekends, and it'll be driven to the races. I plan on getting a pretty beastly quad core aluminum radiator too for those who are answering if thathelps at all. I can do a lot of custom stuff if need be, I just bought a new MIG welder last week so all charge pipes and exhaust will be bent and welded by me. I am going to try very hard to get a v-mount intercooler/radiator setup in there. Ive been measuring and Im pretty sure I can do it. Anything else that would help?

Monday, March 20, 2006 7:04 AM
Monday, March 20, 2006 10:27 AM
I have the Turbonetics T3-T04E- 50

Very nice turbo, but I am thinking its a little to big for me, so i am also looking at new turbos. I have only had it for a month so far.

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:35 AM
i know that the only 2.4 over 400whp was using a 62-1 turbo, my question is what are you using for fuel management

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Monday, March 20, 2006 2:01 PM
"I have the Turbonetics T3-T04E- 50

Very nice turbo, but I am thinking its a little to big for me, so i am also looking at new turbos. I have only had it for a month so far."

OK; so what are you running for HP and from your experience so far would you recommend that for my goal or maybe the 57 trim?? -Thanks

Anyone else?

Monday, March 20, 2006 4:40 PM
My advice would be to read this
then you can be one of the guys
Quote:

(that actually have an idea what they're talking about)

and you can size turbos all day long .
At any PSI/ HP level you wish.

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:08 AM
Thanks bud, I was trying to avoid replies like yours. You dont even have your car turboed??? And I have read ALL of that many times. I was looking for replies from people who have been turboed and/or have tried for 350+ mark. The few replies before yours were exactly what I was looking for and thank you to those who did reply so far. Why not learn from someone elses experience? Turboes are expensive and I plan on spending large sums of $$$ on the rest of my motor as well; so buying the turbo I want, the first time leaves me more money, time, and energy to spend on the rest of the build. Heavily debating those two that I posted earlier. Anyone elses experience/opinion much appreciated. Thanks.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:05 AM
WOOOOO....
I didn't mean to come off as a dick
I was sincerly trying to point you in the right direction.
I guess thats the problem with the internet you lose out on the tone
and things can be easily misconstrued
Oh well, wanna grab a beer?
and your right my cavalier isn't turbo'd
luckily the principles of turbo charging are universal to all platforms regardless of make.

As for advice from people making over 350hp the list is small. I can think of three off hand.
Kane5576
SunCavi_L61T3/T04E
and
Johnny Mack, lol

Also you might want to look here as they plot the points on the three most commonly used turbos for J-Bodies. They are Garrett but it gives you a reference.
Best of luck
May there be
Wide Power Bands, Flat Torque Curves and Instant Spool for all

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:11 AM
True, and in that case thanks. Yeah, I read all that too. I have been researching for like 6 months now so I have read all through JBO and most of the manufacturers websites. I was really looking for people experienced with them and/or very strong suggestions, lol.

For anyone wondering, I bought the T3/T04e-50 this morning. I will keep all informed on my progress....

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:28 AM
KEN 2.2 wrote:I have the Turbonetics T3-T04E- 50

Very nice turbo, but I am thinking its a little to big for me, so i am also looking at new turbos. I have only had it for a month so far.
PLEASE let me know if you're interested in selling that. I'm going to be purchasing the same one sometime down the road, and buying one in good condition (I know you take care of your stuff) second-hand would save me a little $$

streetantixz24 : VERY good choice. That will give you a very useable powerband.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search