OBDII able to be programed now... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
OBDII able to be programed now...
Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:15 PM
Well there is a town close to me and from the looks of it , he designs programs that all these big places buy from him to tune cars... and he has one that can tune your 4cyl OBD II computer... he was about to buy a Jbody with a GM supercharger just so he could have GM's code and what not for it... but now he is going to use mine... as well tune the 440cc injectors on to it... so once this is all done i can and most likly will take computers from any one who wants one tuned with 440cc injectors with the Timing contol from the GM supercharger... this was the email i got from him

Quote:

"Cam at "sublightspeed innovations" has no idea what we do and what we have. Yes we can also tune your 1987 GN. We'd love to have your SC computer to save the calibration as a copy, too. I've been considering a purchase of an entire system just to get the code from GM.
If you happen to see Cam, remind him he owes us some $$$ and it'd be nice to get our equipment back that he was loaned"

so i am just working out a day that i can go down and get this done... And no this is not some small shop... they do big time tuning on high end cars and as well as the sport compacts....

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno

Re: OBDII able to be programed now...
Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:26 PM
cool

im running 36lb injectors though

Monday, March 20, 2006 5:58 AM
I'd rather go with the HP Tuners solution and be able to do the tuning myself rather than sending my ECU to someone to flash once and then be stuck with whatever they decided was best.

Monday, March 20, 2006 6:01 AM
sounds good. i am not going to get my hopes up though.

Monday, March 20, 2006 7:34 AM
Yup, I'd rather have HPT too, that way I can sit in my car and tune it, rather than send out the ecu, see if its right, if its not, send it back, tune, send back, etc. It also allows me to make adjustments on the dyno, rather than dyno then mail, dyno, mail, well you get the point.

I've already bought HPT, I should have the cable today, and I already have the software installed on my laptop.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 20, 2006 5:02 PM
yea i see what you guys mean... but i guess for me its easy... since i live closer to it... its just another option any way...

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Monday, March 20, 2006 6:16 PM
let us know how it goes!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:19 PM
Also i was thinking about it.. it would be no different then when GM re-flashes your computer for the supercharger on the 2.4L .... they dont dyno tune it... they just put it on your computer... thats exactly how this will be...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search