injectors for 14lbs of boost? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
injectors for 14lbs of boost?
Sunday, March 19, 2006 1:05 PM
Hey I already have 330's cuz I was just expecting to run around 10lbs but I'm going to run 14lbs now what size injectors do you suggest i go with? And how much $/ injector? THANK YOU!

Re: injectors for 14lbs of boost?
Sunday, March 19, 2006 1:42 PM
Would really help to know more about your setup.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 19, 2006 1:53 PM
depends on what ever your using to raise fuel pressure or adjust for boost , stand alone piggy back

Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:24 PM
Optimally you will need 1029 lb injectors.

Get 1030 lb injectors if you can get your hands on them. Those are the good ones.

14 lbs of boost is mad power.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:49 PM
SunfighterGT wrote:Optimally you will need 1029 lb injectors.

Get 1030 lb injectors if you can get your hands on them. Those are the good ones.

14 lbs of boost is mad power.

-Chris-

x5000

Although 1030lb injectors might be a little small in the long run. You might want to try 1100lb injectors if you want the most out of it. *JBO

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:11 PM
nice to see these guys have time to tell ya to search or give out BS answer for someone with a relavant question instead of an actual answer.....

a better way to choose injector size is based on how much power you plan to make rather then how much boost you run. how you plan to add fuel plays a major rule as well. if your running an fmu and forcing more fuel thru them the you can get by with smaller injectors then you may need with proper engine management.

like someone else said more info will be really helpful but i will point you at a chart that will be useful IF you have proper engine management. i dont expect you do if your checking with this place for help but ya never know

this page is from the "mega manual" on www.megasquirt.info even if your not using megasquirt the information is relavant to the qustion. just a bit down the page is a chart with # of injectors X power level with flow ratings.
http://www.megasquirt.info/v22manual/minj.htm

On price expect to pay beteen 200 - 300 for a set of injectors. (all 4)

If you reply with more details about your engine & mods i will happily give you a more specific response.

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:59 PM
Roscoe - maybe the people who know what the f-ck they are talking about are tired of posting up answers that are already in the site that WE posted. You know.... the search button is a great feature, people should learn to use it.

And to be honest, it's not much of a relevant question. If you plan to boost 14 psi but don't understand how to size an injector to achieve that power goal safely - you won't be running 14psi.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, March 20, 2006 12:51 AM
Yea, man it is ridiculous, the chance that he will run 14 psi is like me running 35 on my Turbo. Not possible.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:30 AM
Dude i just wish people would help people. I'm going with the GM reflash and 2 bar map. Modsmotor)

Wiseco 9.5:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
exploited turbo mani
garrett t/3 t/4 hybrid
3" exhaust
spearco FMI
walbro in line pump
stock rail
cometic gasket
MSD DIS II Ignition
2.3HO Intake Mani

Keep in mind i'm not doin this. A shop highly experienced in tuning SCC's in my area is. This is their first cavalier so we are both scrambling through different setups. If you can help its appreciated. If your gonna run your mouth then dont even bother posting.
Monday, March 20, 2006 9:04 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]depends on what ever your using to raise fuel pressure or adjust for boost , stand alone piggy back

that still stands

you just cant say im gonna run X amount of boost and what injectors do i need

EACH CAR IS DIFFERENT , AND HOW YOU DECIED WHAT YOU NEED IS DIFFERENT ALSO

you might need 440 cc , while some one else is able to use 320cc

there is no exact injector for you , its something you gotta figure out based on what your doing to increase the fuel as i said in my quote

we can only assume , and that isnt correct to do

pick something try , if it doesnt work go higher or lower depending wether you need more or less fuel

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:05 AM
and i have no clue why the sad face is up there? ^^^^^ hell no there aint no sad faces lol.

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:08 AM
Thanks man
Monday, March 20, 2006 9:52 AM
and there is a sad face

you had " : " next to " ( " with no space

i dont want to seam like i was being a ass , but its really hard to say what is best for car

im running 36lb injectors from the cobalt/redline s/c , and ive had to back the fuel way down , but the 30lb or 32lb (what ever they are from the gm kit) was to lean

and i average 5-7 psi , and will see close to 9 right at redline

alot of other people seam to be fine with the gm s/c injectors with a smaller pulley

so as you can see by my example its hard to say which is best for everyone

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:31 AM
i would try 35-36lb injectors since i believe thats the highest size you can run on only the s/c'r program, any higher and you would need a piggy back like emanage which kane uses on his car to control the 440 he was using last season, but i think that nick(changeforabutton) used ford brown tops(35lb) injectors with his car that also was running s/c'r program and he ran i believe up to 18psi at times, but your pretty much going to have to dyno tune no matter what so try out the 35lbs and see where that gets you

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search