turbo oil feed and return lines on ECO where? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo oil feed and return lines on ECO where?
Saturday, March 18, 2006 12:55 PM
Where did you eco guys tap into you oil feed on the block and was there a port for the return? thanks

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....

Re: turbo oil feed and return lines on ECO where?
Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:10 PM
There is like 30 posts on this....SEARCH for ecotec oil feed.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 3:34 PM
oil drain , in the girdle below the exhaust manifold , keep in mind they are upside down

oil feed , 12mm x 1.75

Saturday, March 18, 2006 4:34 PM
you can also do the return right into the oil pan. Just make it up near the top. If I ever remember to take my camera under my car with me I'll get a picture.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:55 PM
Hello I've been searching oil lines for the last few hours. And have found all the info. i think i need. I'm going to use the side of the head for my feed. Most of the post say that the part i need i 12mm 1.75. auto meter p/n 2278 however on 2 post of bransons he said he used 12mm 1.50 p/n 2277. just want to make sure i ordering the correct thing cause shipping is almost 10bucks and i dont want to order twice.
thanks for the help in advance
Sunday, March 19, 2006 1:00 PM
Sorry for the two post and for jacking the thread . Most of you are saying to take out the
bolt above the egr block off plate. I have a 2005 and don't think i have a egr block off plate. just wanted to make sure i can still use this side for my feed.
Sunday, March 19, 2006 3:04 PM
The part number is 2277. Anywhere that sells Autometer will have it or be able to get it. Use the port closer to the firewall than the one you are seeing. It is easier to get to and a slightly shorter path to the oil feed on the turbo.

"If you aren't shifting, then you certainly aren't driving!"
Sunday, March 19, 2006 3:26 PM
the 12mm x 1.5 is wrong , brandon made a mistake

the correct is the 12mm x 1.75

Sunday, March 19, 2006 3:39 PM
^^ he is right.

I made a mistake.

The correct one is 12mm x 1.75

I later realized that the 12mm x 1.5 that I had was for the saab 9-3t TD04 turbo I am using. I got the two mixed up.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Sunday, March 19, 2006 5:04 PM
Cool thanks for the info. just wanted to make sure.

So what about the egr block off plate.?

Thanks for the help!
Sunday, March 19, 2006 5:35 PM
Some of the Ecotec motors have the EGR thing and some don't.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 6:49 PM
none of our cars have EGR, so they will all be blocked off.

I would suggest using the spot 3 inches or so to the right of the hole above the egr block off plate. It will be easier and will function the same.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:56 PM
Brandoson - 13.82@99.88 wrote:none of our cars have EGR, so they will all be blocked off.

I would suggest using the spot 3 inches or so to the right of the hole above the egr block off plate. It will be easier and will function the same.

None of them have EGR but some of the heads don't even thave the triangle part of the head on them. Meaning no block off plate there. I really want to machine mine off...free up some room.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:03 PM
The part number for the Autometer is 2278. Also, make sure your oil feed line is 3-4 AN at most and 12AN for the drain. If you plan on running an oil pressure sender somewhere in there you will have to use a @!#$LOAD of fittings. You have to convert to a 6AN from the 1/8 fitting in the block to fit the oil sender "T" fitting and then convert to a 4AN to run the hose to the turbo. Remember, don't use anything bigger than a 4AN else you will be blowing oil out of the fitting since the oil drain is gravity fed.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search