Couple of Gm Ecotec supercharger related ?'s... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Couple of Gm Ecotec supercharger related ?'s...
Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:47 AM
Okay, I know what I need for the intercooler setup, got that in lockdown in my head. Im already sourcing the parts..... but i want to run a differnet pulley on the charger Eco in the future.

I know Pulley Boys makes the pulleys for the LD9 kit.

But is there a specific place to get the pulleys for the ECo kit??
And if so anyone got a link or such??

One more thing.

I also want to run a boost gauge with the kit.
Do you have any info/ insight I might need?
Do you guys know where to get a pressure source on the charger?
Where would I hook my gauge to for boost reference?

I read that you were doing this Econator. Let us know how it turns out, and how you installed it if you would please.

Thanks guys.

Re: Couple of Gm Ecotec supercharger related ?'s...
Sunday, March 19, 2006 11:41 AM
Also, what is your reccomendations on pulley size?

I know the Cobalt/ redline uses a 3.34" stock, so I assume that is the same one the cavi./ sunfire kit uses. Correct me if im wrong.

after searching the net somemore I found that Pulley boys also sells smaller pulleys for the Cobalt/ Redline. NOw doe sthat use the same size charger, THe Eaton M62?

If it does i guess I found the answer to my question on where to get pulleys.....

BUt still need info on Boost gauges, I wanna install it along with my kit.

Re: Couple of Gm Ecotec supercharger related ?'s..
Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:00 PM
the kit is the charger from the cobalt/redline

so you use the pullies for them

you get the pressure from the manifold after the s/c

Sunday, March 19, 2006 4:28 PM
the autometer gauge even comes with a nice little T.... I used the line between manifold and MAP sensor, seems to work fine

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:57 PM
Ok 2 short posts, no one telling me to search, thanks guys, you answered my questions timely, and maturely. Info needed, info gotten. I halkf expected someone to beat me with a newb stick, even though every post in the search has no info on this. Correct me if im wrong. LOL

Thanks guys! Now back to watching I go.....

Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:18 PM
well pretty much you answered your own question on the pulley

the port for the gauge is in the center between cyl 2 and 3

to be exact , i was looking at the eco s/c in the garage

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:40 AM
I thought the 2.2 and the charger kit had different # of ribs / width pulleys than the LSJ in the Cobalt SS / Redline. Is this not the case?

_
2002 LS Sport coupe
Monday, March 20, 2006 9:44 AM
its a 6 rib pulley

the stock 2.2 is 5 , the belt included with the kit has 1 rib cut off of it

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:00 AM
so the kit's charger comes with the 6 rib pulley just as on the LSJ?

_
2002 LS Sport coupe
Monday, March 20, 2006 10:05 AM
so the kit's charger comes with the 6 rib pulley just as on the LSJ?

_
2002 LS Sport coupe
Monday, March 20, 2006 10:21 AM
yes they do

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:42 AM
good to know, I was under the impression the kit had a 5 rib pulley...thought I remebered Airtronics having to swap all the pulleys onto his motor so the charger belt would work or something...good to know we can use the aftermarket pullies already out there for the Cobalts...thanks!

Anyone put any thought into running the bigger injectors with the smaller pullies with the kits, kinda like GM does with the Stage upgrades for the Cobalt SS???

...I'm assuming those upgrades are not going to be released for the 2.2 kit, nor will the reflash work... but does anyone think the SAFC-2 either with or without bigger injectors would work with the smaller pullies on the 2.2 kit with working aftercooler?...or if it would even be necessary?? I'm not sure what all the cobalt guys are doing with pulley upgrades...

just some questions I was thinking about...I'm sure I or someone else will be trying it out sooner or later

_
2002 LS Sport coupe
Monday, March 20, 2006 2:09 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]well pretty much you answered your own question on the pulley

the port for the gauge is in the center between cyl 2 and 3

to be exact , i was looking at the eco s/c in the garage

Cool that helps me out even more than before...

Monday, March 20, 2006 2:32 PM
your welcome

airtonics did the stock 5 rib pullies , then was working on the 6 rib

which is also what im doing on the g/fs cav , because the stuff im using came from a redline , so ive got the crank and alt , just got to get the a/c

the 6rib will have better grip on the pullies than a 5rib , but i doubt we will have alot of belt slip issues with the 5 , unless your trying to make the s/c work alot harder

the big problem with smaller pullies is keeping the belt tension , and there is a idler relocation bracket for the cobalt/redline , and well as a larger pulley for the idler or tensioner so that will help with tension on the belt

smaller pullies i wouldnt go smaller than 2.8 or 2.9 , they will have the s/c spinning over its max rpm at redline

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search