Stall help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stall help
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:30 PM
Man it seems like everytime i get everything done something has to go wrong. Just got my car up and running today with my supercharger. when im driving around town its fine but when i come to a stop it wants to stall. it doesn't do it if i have the car in nutral it only does it when its in gear and i have the clutch pushed in. most of the time my RPMs will drop to like 500 and then shoot right back up, but it stalled on me in the middle of an intersection when i was trying to make a left turn.

Re: Stall help
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:32 PM
Did you get the reflash?, My turboed 2200 likes to do this though only if it's idling for awhile, then hit the gas. I think it's do to too much fuel( I had 370cc in at the time).

Failure is not failure if you learn from it
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:46 PM
yes i got the reflash

Friday, March 17, 2006 10:53 AM
bump

Friday, March 17, 2006 11:07 AM
What about the 2 bar map sensor? And you may want to double check to make sure you did get the correct reflash?

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Friday, March 17, 2006 1:23 PM
Mine did the same thing for a few days after the reflash and then it just went away.
If everything else is fine. I"d say just give if some time.

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Friday, March 17, 2006 1:45 PM
mine does it alot , but wont do it with the a/c on

mine started doing it alot after i put in larger injectors , but i think ive got a few vacuum leaks some where , its hard to tell with mine since ive got 1 of the proto types , there is alot more connections , and i know the adaptor needs to get pulled off and the holes for it helicolied

but there is times ill go weeks with out it stalling , then out of the blue it will stall all day and every stop , i can usually catch it if i noticed it before it stalls , and if i let up on the brake pedal the rpm will jump back up and stay running

ive also been told that if the stock deck is removed , it will cause intermitant stalling issues , and GM knows about it and has a bulletin about it , but no real fix for it

Saturday, March 18, 2006 3:47 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]

ive also been told that if the stock deck is removed , it will cause intermitant stalling issues , and GM knows about it and has a bulletin about it , but no real fix for it

apparently, if you remove the stock deck with out relocating it, it messes up more then just with stalling, Airbags can become disfunctional without warning lights, etc.....

Just go out and get the GM 2000+ OBD2 relocation kit for the stock deck....... my stock deck sits under my seat....... and when you turn the car on, it turns on.........

you know what, I know you guys are 2.4l and S/C'd...... but

my 2200 turbo did it a BUNCH when I moved the 02 sensor closer to the turbo, and it did it a bunch before turbo when I installed the header............

only when the engine light JUST came on, if I just kept turning it off and starting it back up when it was going to stall, and drove it with the CEL on then it would go away.

if I caught it trying to stall out, I'd just shut it down and start it back up and it was fine...... so wierd.......................it never actually fully stalled, just smoked black (rich) smoke......... for a second before I got the chance to shut it down, I'd do that, start it back up and it was fine......no smoke or anything.....

sometimes once a day sometimes once a month......

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:12 AM
yeah, it started this new thing yesterday It like putters really bad when i turn it on now, the rpms are all over the place. and i also tried that turning the ac on, yeah that didn't go over so well it changed my idle from 1000 to 1500, but it still boged when i came to a stop.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:33 PM
10-1 bet that if you had a wideband hooked up you'd see it go tremendously lean just before it cuts out.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, March 20, 2006 8:16 AM
SunfighterGT wrote:10-1 bet that if you had a wideband hooked up you'd see it go tremendously lean just before it cuts out.

-Chris-

do you think thats for his senario or mine too chris ???

because I used to see black smoke before it cut out

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:40 PM
alrighty, well if its going really lean before it cuts out what can i do about it.
I replaced my TPS, it seemed to help, the puttering stopped and it hasn't stalled since. but it still boggs when i slow down. and if i rev it really high and let it fall it almost stalls.

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:52 PM
you can pull the tb off and clean the tb , and clean out the iac port , see if that helps

and maybe a new iac

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 7:48 PM
right, so i cleaned out my thottle body and my iac. went to drive it around, got some gas. then after i got some gas i decided to floor it on a backroad for some fun. felt my engine cut out and looked behind me to see that my car was putting out a lot of smoke, it was getting dark so it was hard to tell but im pretty sure the smoke was blue, so this means oil burning.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:40 PM
Oil burning doesn't really relate to your problem. Did you install the SC and then take it in for the reflash? When did you get the kit on and have it reflashed? Reason I ask is if GM installed it they would know to reflash your car for the 2.4l SC program. But, seeing that the SC just came available for the ECO, And if you installed it and then had them reflash it, the could have reflashed it for the ECO. Just a thought, IDK if that would change things( from 1 flash or another, I think it would), but GM techs are idiots, I know more about the cars they work on then they do, along with Half the people on this site

Failure is not failure if you learn from it
Friday, March 24, 2006 3:41 PM
not sure if this relates, but I had idle problems N/A when I had a vacumm leak somewhere. I took off the intake manifold and throttle body, put another gasket, and more sealent, and the problem went away. Since you just installed the super charger, maybe there's a vacumm leak somewhere.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:23 PM
alright a few more happening ons to report about the car after going boost.
It runs way better at night in the cool air, its like i don't even have an idle problem. This sucks becuase i know summer is comming and it might get worse. Also i started it this afternoon and it idled at 1500rpms and would fall. i sat there for like 5 min waiting for them to go down but they didn't until after i started driving and did i few stops and starts. and while this was going on i got a check engine lite. i had the code red. its P0502- vehicle speed sensor circuit low input. could this be the cause of all my problems?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search