IAT Location - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IAT Location
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:16 PM
Where do you put the IAT sensor on a turbo setup? Before the turbo wouldn,'t read the compressed air after it is cooled by the intercooler, and after the intercooler i'm thinking the pressure would pop it out like cork.

Re: IAT Location
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:21 PM
heh. I think you highly overestimate the amount of pressure. But you can always fab up something to hold it down.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:47 PM
people are using the screw-in type of iat, i think it comes on camaros? im not sure, but look up screw-in type IATs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 2:19 PM
I Used a 02 sensor bung since its the same thread as the screw in IAT Welded it higher than it used to be extended the wires to its close to the throttle body. For the IAT i used a MSD IAT its for a camaro cost like 15 bucks but you can use the one that they use on cavs for the coolant sensor i was told the only diffrence is the end the msd one is an open end and the coolant one is solid i can get you some pics if u need them and the sensor is on summit racing.com. I would not use a grommet because most likely it will leak and get blow out.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:29 PM
That would be great if you could post some pics. What year of camaro are you using it from? If you have the LD9, can you post some pics of your setup as well. Thanks
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 4:22 PM
[img=http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/173/picture0314kx.th.jpg]
Well if that pic works thats the sensor ill get some better pics tommrow since my girl has the camera i have a 2200 but the ill take a pic were i put the iat on the charge piping. MSD PART NUMBER 2320NPT THREADS. Go to summitraccing.com and put that part number. Then go into o2 sensor weld in bungs get the bung for 5 bucks and your good to go. The sensor comes with the connector but you dont need it plugs right into are connector.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:14 PM
you want the screw in open ended one. using a coolant temp sensor will result in slow response to temp change. any auto parts store should have it just be sure to place it as close to the throttle body as you can to make sure you get the temp the engine is seeing.

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search