S/C idea, might be a dumb thought but......... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
S/C idea, might be a dumb thought but.........
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:42 PM
I have an idea about a s/c setup. well i searched this a bunch of different ways and never came up with anything. anyways has anyone tried to adapt a Cobra or Lightning s/c to an ecotec? would it be possible? Would it be much better than any of the kits available for the ecotec? what all would i need? anybody ever given this any thought? I just know that i can get these chargers very cheap right now and i figured it might work better than one of the kits available. Let me know what yall think ..........

Re: S/C idea, might be a dumb thought but.........
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 4:13 PM
yep, you were right, dumb thought.

you may be able to get the charger cheap but then you need brackets to mount it and either an intake manifold to mount it to or a clever piping/drive extension scheme to mount it elsewhere in the engine bay. basically, if you had to ask, you're a long way from being ready or able to do it, and it will cost more money to have it custom fabbed by a shop than it would be to buy a kit or salvage the sc components from a cobalt SS.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 4:25 PM
Not to mentoin it would be WAY to big for your car. hell I think those take 20hp just to spin, and they would pop your engine so fast due to the over boost you would get.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:54 AM
its probably big enough to make boost at idle.... i know of a 2.0L rabbit running an M90 that does it lol

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:28 PM
ok well it was just a thought oh well
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:56 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:its probably big enough to make boost at idle.... i know of a 2.0L rabbit running an M90 that does it lol

Which would be different from a M45 or M62 how?

sig not found
Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:36 AM
Yea not a good idea. + U gotta remember the cobra is a V8 S/C. That means the intake manifold is on the top of the motor aside from both of the manifolds on the front and back of a IL4. That would never be possible to even think of it in my opinion...
Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:12 AM
It'd be easier to adapt a centrifugal kit but even then you'll have compatability issues.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search