power problem - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
power problem
Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:27 PM
I just got done completely rebuilding the engine in it and for some reason it is just nowhere near what it used to be i was running it hard earlier and it felt so slow but for like 3 seconds the supercharger got loud and it felt fast but then it just slowed back down i think it is a boost related problem any suggestions?

00 Z-24 S/C http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2159309

Re: power problem
Friday, February 17, 2006 9:57 AM
Friday, February 17, 2006 11:10 AM
if you have a boost/vacum gauge that would be the first thing to check. then check the actualtor bypass to see if it is damaged. you can get a replacement actualtor from eaton... but more than likley it sounds like you have a vacumm leak

Sorry...
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-09-21

00:33:32. This ban will expire 2005-09-28 00:33:32 Pacific Time.
Reason: Comments over the top regarding Jordan Kruger and other members in Versus. Also, if you have a problem with a member e-mailing you, do not bring it into the forums.

If you believe this to be in error, please contact us.
Friday, February 17, 2006 3:22 PM
guages are your best friend.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 11:45 AM
are you sure the supercharger is the part being loud? You said you just rebuilt your motor, have you checked your cam chain tensionor? (reset correctly after timing chain install)

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:27 AM
I dont think it is the timing chain because it has new tensioner,chain,and cam gears. My dad is mechanic at GM dealership so everything was done correctly but it could be the accuator(assuming thats the thing on the bottom right of the charger) it got a decently hard blow to it when we where reinstalling the engine

Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:39 AM
its very possible that you bent the actuator rod when instaling if it recieved a blow on the bottom. its going to be hard to check also in its location. make sure you didn't pop out the IAT under there also.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:32 AM
the actualtor is cheap, it's like 35 bucks from eaton
you might as well buy it just in case

Sorry...
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-09-21

00:33:32. This ban will expire 2005-09-28 00:33:32 Pacific Time.
Reason: Comments over the top regarding Jordan Kruger and other members in Versus. Also, if you have a problem with a member e-mailing you, do not bring it into the forums.

If you believe this to be in error, please contact us.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:34 PM
I figured out what it was. The boost accuator or whatever its called came loose well the bolts somehow vibrated out of it now its letting all of my boost go I installed a boost gauge on it and its boosting 0 PSI so all i gotta do now is figure out a way to get to the darn thing to put new bolts in

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search