Ecotec charger pipe route - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec charger pipe route
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:11 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the hahn kit and the pipe routing coming out the intercooler and into the turbo. Im looking for ways to route my piping instead of going underneath the car because i have an intercooler that enters on one side and exits on another unlike the hahn intercooler. Does anyone have a setup like that that doesnt go up through the engine bay like QBE's or NJHK's?

Re: Ecotec charger pipe route
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:42 AM
lol..

So which one is it... Do you want pictures of it going underneath the car, or through the engine bay? First you say you don't want to go underneath the car, then you say you want pictures of cars that don't go through the engine bay

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:47 AM
My bad....lol....Id like pictures of the piping underneath the car but in a safe place so it wont get ripped apart. I think i found a way to do it though but pictures of other peoples setups would be nice.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:50 AM
please post i start installing soon.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:15 AM
if i think of it ill snap a few shots of my hahn setup. its all routed perfectly safe. i go over potholes and speedbumps everyday and have never had an issue.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:54 AM
Blue Splash wrote:Does anyone have pictures of the hahn kit and the pipe routing coming out the intercooler and into the turbo. Im looking for ways to route my piping instead of going underneath the car because i have an intercooler that enters on one side and exits on another unlike the hahn intercooler. Does anyone have a setup like that that doesnt go up through the engine bay like QBE's or NJHK's?

The only reason we stayed in the engine bay is because my car is so low and the pipes are so big that everytime I hit a decent bump it would scrape.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:23 PM
Yea my car is lowered too and i think i found a way using like 2 inch pipe to go underneath but id still like some pics of other peoples setups

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 1:11 PM
NJHK (The Turbo Negro) wrote:
Blue Splash wrote:Does anyone have pictures of the hahn kit and the pipe routing coming out the intercooler and into the turbo. Im looking for ways to route my piping instead of going underneath the car because i have an intercooler that enters on one side and exits on another unlike the hahn intercooler. Does anyone have a setup like that that doesnt go up through the engine bay like QBE's or NJHK's?

The only reason we stayed in the engine bay is because my car is so low and the pipes are so big that everytime I hit a decent bump it would scrape.

can you show me some pics of where you have yours running?
thinking of going bags in about a year so id like to think ahead and not have to redo it later on
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:12 PM
Blue Splash wrote:Yea my car is lowered too and i think i found a way using like 2 inch pipe to go underneath but id still like some pics of other peoples setups

you going for bling or zing?

cause 2 inch pipes are just worthless

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:17 PM
Im going to use 2.25 or 2.5 if i can find a safe way to route it underneath the car.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:19 PM
Blue Splash wrote:Im going to use 2.25 or 2.5 if i can find a safe way to route it underneath the car.

why dont you want to run it in the bay?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:36 PM
because that would be ugly .....for me the compressor housing is pointing down, so i will just run it under the motor.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:37 PM
I would love to see some pictures too, I am running 2.5 mandrel in about 3 weeks, any more pictures would be good, I've seen some, but there must be more out there

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:44 PM
Cadwz24 wrote:because that would be ugly .....for me the compressor housing is pointing down, so i will just run it under the motor.

ummm... clock it?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:48 PM
Cant, its the Saab td04. The wastegate wont work if it's ummm... clocked

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:50 PM
Cadwz24 wrote:Cant, its the Saab td04. The wastegate wont work if it's ummm... clocked

ahhhh that I did not know... well that sucks...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:53 PM
No No No, It's all good, It's the same setup Brandoson has (btw he makes one bad-ass downpipe)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:53 PM
I still havent had any pictures?

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:14 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:

you going for bling or zing?

cause 2 inch pipes are just worthless

wonder............ why do you think 2" charge piping is useless.......... me and ken2.2 and a few others use it ........ and NONE of us complain about turbo lag...............

1. 2" piping is MUCH easier to use and get to fit nicely.....
2. 2" piping creates a much smaller space to fill before the system is "pressurized"
3. 2" piping is roughly the same size as your stock tb, so unless you upgraded the intake manifold, tb and ported the head, ANYTHING BIGGER IS USELESS...........
4. 2" piping is great because since it's FORCED induction, it forces air through it regardless of size, and doesn't hurt top end, and creates virtually NO lag.

however I do agree that 2.5" is the best medium, that only applies to cars lets say with over 300+ whp, and upgraded intake system from the head to the tb

just my .02 cents.....

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:16 PM
Lee, I think I'm going to steal your period key

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:21 PM
hahah I need someone to do that ....... <<< haha.... really....

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:25 PM
hows the car running now shifted.......... ???

I haven't heard about it in a while ..........

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:28 PM
Its not, its down for upgrades

Bluesplash-

Go down to the hardware store and get a piece of 2.25" PVC, I bet it'll fit perfect between the lower mount and the engine. My 2.5" almost fits in there.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:11 PM
Thanks Shifted.....I knwo exactly where you mean. I was worried about the 2" size but after what Lee has been saying i can see his point. Im going to be running 2" out of the turbo then into the intercooler 2.5", 2.5 out the whole way to the TB. Im going to mount my Intercooler tomorrow and work on some of the piping so i can have the turbo install ready in a couple weeks and have the piping reeady to go.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:16 PM
Some of my pics are here. I have more, but I haven't posted them on the org. Hope this helps you out.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=19&i=25177&t=25177&start=0
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search