T3 super 60 ?'s - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
T3 super 60 ?'s
Monday, February 13, 2006 10:45 AM
Ok, first off, I have read the whole post on the t3s60 for the 2.4l that was posted a little while ago. Anyways, I have a t3/to4e 57 trim right now. I know it's overkill for stock block(2200), but I plan on building the motor and head up to flow hopefully enough to push this turbo correctly. My ? is this, if I was to switch to the t3s60 on my stock block n head I would see better boost response, power, etc., right? Plus, if I kept the t3s60 after build-up, would it be out of it's efficiany range or not? Reason Im asking is a friend wants to purchase my turbo and I could get the t3s60 for right around what im selling it to him for. I originally planned on the the build to be CRAZY, but seeing that money becomes tight when you get a house, Im probably just going to forge it out and do a mild head job.
So basically, in the long run, would I be better of with the t3s60 or keep the t3/t4?
Also, the t3s60 im looking into getting is a .42/.48 model. Would it be better to geet the .60/.63 model or not? I figured the smaller type for now, and the larger for after build up. Any info is appreciated, Thanxs guys.
BTW, sorry for the long post.

Failure is not failure if you learn from it

Re: T3 super 60 ?'s
Monday, February 13, 2006 12:33 PM
Well if your going to rebuild and forge everything you could get higher numbers out of to4e because you could run a higher psi that would be more effective for the to4e that you currently have. But if you plan to build the motor and still only run like 8 psi or so then you would most likely be better off with the super 60.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Monday, February 13, 2006 3:17 PM
I planned on running around 18 psi on the t04e after build up, but seeing that I dont really want to dump 4-6 grand into the motor just to end up getting a low 13, high 12 sec car, I will probably get the t3s60. Plus, im not to fond of full boost at 4000 rpm either. However, the power it makes is very nice, but it makes it harder to tune a turbo that is pushing around 640 cfm vs. a turbo pushing 420 cfm. My friend is currently running a 50 trim t3 from a junked volvo(it;s rebuilt), and it spools up way before mine.
I guess I basically want faster spool, decent power, and reliability. All in all, my final goal w/ the t3s60 is around 12-14 psi out of it w/ forged pistons/rods, and a mild p'n'p to the head. Question is, will what I'm doing to the motor push the t3s60 out of efficienancy or not on a 2200?

Monday, February 13, 2006 6:19 PM
02turbo wrote:will what I'm doing to the motor push the t3s60 out of efficienancy or not on a 2200?
The super60 will be more / just as efficient up to almost 20psi if you care to venture that far.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:49 AM
Timothy Pietraallo wrote:Well if your going to rebuild and forge everything you could get higher numbers out of to4e because you could run a higher psi that would be more effective for the to4e that you currently have. But if you plan to build the motor and still only run like 8 psi or so then you would most likely be better off with the super 60.

I still think that his 2200 won't flow that high to spool a T3/T4 57 Trim. I don't think the 2200's 8 valves can run that size turbo efficiently and have very good response. The T3 Super 60 would be more well matched for him. The key is to have a well matched turbo that can be spooled full boost in a reasonable powerband without maxing the turbo out, stressing the turbo and heating soaking the turbo.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:10 AM
I plan on running 12-15 psi on my T3s60.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:17 AM
Okay, im definitely going with the t3s60, but now another question. What, besides size, is the difference in wheel stage. I found a site that sells t3s60 in stage 1,3, & 5. Stage 1 is a 2.0/2.1 exducer, 3 is a 2.3 exducer, and the 5 is 2.5 exducer. I have a stage 3 right now in my t3/to4e. I was probably going to go with a stage 3 .42/.48 t3s60 for now. After the build up and head work I'll move on to the .63 turbine and .60 compressor( if necessary), since I can always upgrade the housings for relatively cheap.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:49 AM
02turbo wrote:Okay, im definitely going with the t3s60, but now another question. What, besides size, is the difference in wheel stage. I found a site that sells t3s60 in stage 1,3, & 5. Stage 1 is a 2.0/2.1 exducer, 3 is a 2.3 exducer, and the 5 is 2.5 exducer. I have a stage 3 right now in my t3/to4e. I was probably going to go with a stage 3 .42/.48 t3s60 for now. After the build up and head work I'll move on to the .63 turbine and .60 compressor( if necessary), since I can always upgrade the housings for relatively cheap.
Gimmie a link please!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:57 AM
www.MJMturbos.com, but you'll need to e-mail them to get prices on the t3s60's. They range from $ 400- $650, depending on what stage and size a/r's you want. BTW, these are brand new.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:35 PM
NJHK (The Turbo Negro) wrote:
Timothy Pietraallo wrote:Well if your going to rebuild and forge everything you could get higher numbers out of to4e because you could run a higher psi that would be more effective for the to4e that you currently have. But if you plan to build the motor and still only run like 8 psi or so then you would most likely be better off with the super 60.

I still think that his 2200 won't flow that high to spool a T3/T4 57 Trim. I don't think the 2200's 8 valves can run that size turbo efficiently and have very good response. The T3 Super 60 would be more well matched for him. The key is to have a well matched turbo that can be spooled full boost in a reasonable powerband without maxing the turbo out, stressing the turbo and heating soaking the turbo.
Just to play devil's advocate here...you have heard of Adler, yes?

fortune cookie say:
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:58 AM
OHV notec wrote:

Yes I know Adler and he's running a T3/T4 60 Trim on a totally rebuilt motor. My statement was refering more torwards a big turbo on a stock 2200 motor.

By the way, I love that movie "The Devils Advocate"

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:58 AM
OHV notec wrote:

Yes I know Adler and he's running a T3/T4 60 Trim on a totally rebuilt motor. My statement was refering more torwards a big turbo on a stock 2200 motor.

It was just a 2.2 with a stock cam / valvetain, forged 9:1pistons, forged rods, midly ported head, and a few bolt-ons.

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:39 PM
Adler wrote:
OHV notec wrote:

It was just a 2.2 with a stock cam / valvetain, forged 9:1pistons, forged rods, midly ported head, and a few bolt-ons.

Yeah, nothing to help spool a turbo, just a couple bits to take the abuse. I'm with ya though, I wouldn't use anything bigger than a 50 trim.

And yeah, The Devil's Advocate was awesome, good ol' Al.

fortune cookie say:
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search