lifters - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lifters
Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:34 PM
whats up well this is going to be my set up for my head.... p&p head , 2.3l cams, car cumstoms oversized valvles..... i thinkings mantapart springs and i dont know about lifters .... do i need them ? what do they do ? where to get them from ? im going to run high boost so are lifters really really needed ?

Re: lifters
Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:34 AM
Lifters are needed for the cams, not for boost.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:24 PM
so i dont really need them for boost eh ?? stock ...... ok another question... whats the difference between the stock ones and the aftermarket once ? what do they do that is different ?
Monday, February 13, 2006 12:31 PM
Juan Morales wrote:so i dont really need them for boost eh ?? stock ...... ok another question... whats the difference between the stock ones and the aftermarket once ? what do they do that is different ?

What aftermarket lifters are you talking about, i didn't even know there was any unless you're talking about solid lifters?

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Monday, February 13, 2006 1:29 PM
thats what im talking about. im building my engine for high boost do i need new lifters ? clevite sells them... or do i need the lifters for the new 2.3l cams im puttin in
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:39 AM
you don't need aftermarket lifters, but it might be a good idea to replace the old one with oem lifters. i didn't replace mine, but my car is also newer than yours so i would recomend you replace them. If your going to push high boost then make sure you get stiffer valve springs.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:47 AM
^^Exactly. I replaced mine because im doin a total forged rebuild. Instead of going with GM lifters, I got some OE Clevite lifters for half the cost of GM's.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:06 PM
Juan Morales wrote:thats what im talking about. im building my engine for high boost do i need new lifters ? clevite sells them... or do i need the lifters for the new 2.3l cams im puttin in

For 2.3 cams its a good idea to use 2.3 lifters. The cams have wider lobes therefor they use wider lifters. Its also a good idea to use new lifter any time you change cams.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search