GM Charger, and thats it... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM Charger, and thats it...
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:55 PM
I recently purchased a GM blower. except all I have is the blower and belt. is there any way I can buy the rest of the kit? or does someone have all the part numbers? I noticed a similar thread but I didnt want to whore up his thread.

Any help is awesome .... add me to msn if you want.

This is what I have.

Official member - www.ontarioCAVS.com & J-Body Club of Ontario

Re: GM Charger, and thats it...
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:13 PM
You won't be able to use much of the rest of the kit, since you have a 98.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:18 PM
yea you can he needs all the brackets and the tensioner.

just get diff injectors

Yea i spell liek wrong get over it.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:20 PM
right. 2.3 injectors.

But I need the brackets as you said. and im not sure what else was included in the kit.

I know I need other parts as well. I have a list going.

Official member - www.ontarioCAVS.com & J-Body Club of Ontario
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:03 PM
heheh. You won the auction we were talking about here:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=100227&t=100227

Note my comments there. There's a full list of part numbers around here somewhere but I'm not sure that you can actually order them individually. I think someone tried to order a bracket or something once and was told they weren't available outside of the kit.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:10 PM
JuggaloZeke wrote:Here is the Part Number for the LD9 J-Car Supercharger Manual, it has a list of all the part numbers and what they are in the manual: #88960576

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:18 PM
Hate to say it, but I think you just made a costly mistake. I priced the rest of the kit on gmpartsdirect.com, and the rest of the kit (minus a couple of items because they didn't list), totalled to roughly $1378 shipped (and thats a low-ball price). You would have been better off just getting a brand new kit bro.

-- John

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:26 PM
dude there were probably a lot of people on ebay watching that charger, you should try to sell it back on ebay and see if you can make a profit lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:36 PM
yeah i saw that charger, but i knew without all the other stuff it was practically worthless, thats why i went ahead and got the kit that looked whole

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:58 PM
i was going to buy it and have one of my freinds thats in machine shop at the tech school make the brakets for me that why i went so high on it have fun trying to buy them or get them made

http://www.geocities.com/WIJTuners/?200511

wi jbody site
Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:44 AM
wow and people said i was asking to much at $1800 shipped...atleast i threw in every part... i believe the kid is actually already selling it too.. check his classified here

-marc

..smacked the whine right outa the bltch..

Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:18 AM
I dont see how the few other parts equal $2000 though.

I still have yet to get a full parts list. worst case scenario I sell it for what I paid. Since I dont have an 00+ I wouldnt be using all of the parts anyways.

What do I need? Brackets and what else?

Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:25 AM
there's a lot mor ethan just brackets and stuff. there's screws, injectors, piping, evap thing, idler, tubing, hose, spark plugs, and a whole lot more.

also, for your car, you'd probably need a new starter, fmu, different injectors, etc.

but in case you were wondering, here's the full parts list

http://www.pontiacsunfire.com/chajah-manual%20001.jpg

Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:52 AM
so you're the one who outbid me on that charger. after reading all of this i'm glad i didn't win it. if i did win, it would have motivated me to finally attempt an ld9 swap.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:26 AM
KEEP IT.
theres not alot that you need to make the bitch work.

besides the bracking got the charger and belt........ just takes some mechanical knowlage

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:49 AM
Viper98912 wrote:there's a lot mor ethan just brackets and stuff. there's screws, injectors, piping, evap thing, idler, tubing, hose, spark plugs, and a whole lot more.

also, for your car, you'd probably need a new starter, fmu, different injectors, etc.

but in case you were wondering, here's the full parts list

http://www.pontiacsunfire.com/chajah-manual%20001.jpg

Screws are cheap, Injectors I have, Brackets are cheap, spark plugs are cheap, etc etc.

You guys are a downer holy crap... ITs a project. and I'll learn more in the end. LoL. I have no quarrels about finding these parts. the car is in storage for 3 more months.

Its either this, or not be boosted.... Im happy with my decision.

Official Member of Ontario Cavs/J-Body Club of Ontario
Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:50 AM
alias1429 wrote:so you're the one who outbid me on that charger. after reading all of this i'm glad i didn't win it. if i did win, it would have motivated me to finally attempt an ld9 swap.

Im glad you didnt win too, cause you would sell it cause its too much work. Some of us actually like a bit of a challenge.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:08 AM
then i admire your dedication.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:44 AM
Hey viper, thanks for the parts list man. that will help me out a lot.

And yes, I do need the FMU, injectors, and EGR delete stuff.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:36 PM
yea, some guys like everything to be handed to them.........

Looks like a good buy, have fun.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, January 26, 2006 1:21 PM
i wanted the s/c but it went to high for me , considering its not complete or even any useable extra's

the only reason i wanted it was so i could pull the proto type off , so the production could start quicker for the M62 stuff

but im not gonna turn my 14.3 cav into a 16 sec cav again , all others feel slow now , lol

Thursday, January 26, 2006 1:23 PM
all others ARE slow.....

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:07 PM
alias1429 wrote:so you're the one who outbid me on that charger. after reading all of this i'm glad i didn't win it. if i did win, it would have motivated me to finally attempt an ld9 swap.

yeah i was the other one bidding on it as well. once it broke 650 i was out

============================
My CarDomain Site
Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:15 PM
STYLEZ24 wrote:

Im glad you didnt win too, cause you would sell it cause its too much work. Some of us actually like a bit of a challenge.

whats that supposed to mean? do you even know me? what kind of statement is that?

Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:36 PM
well all you would need is the bracket that bolts under the s/c. the crankcase breather thing. you dont need the intake metal coupler the hose from the breather connects too, i just used some hose(forgot what size) and put a little filter on it.

you need the idler pulley thing , the brackets mount the s/c to the timing chain cover area and next to the Power steering pump.

i am not sure how much you payed for the s/c, but it was around 650$ like stated above you can easly have it up and running for about / little above 1000$. cuz u dont need the map sensor, injectors, plugs, not sure on your cruise control.

plugs- check out the post about rapid fire # 5's i made, the second page has the spark plugs you want to get @ 2$ a plug.

injectors- stock z24 ones( HO injectors will clip out over 60psi,or with a better then stock fuel pump)
FMU- i got one from a buddy for 100$, them go for about 180$ on e bay (cartech).
fuel pump- 100$ ish, or the blazer one.

egr delete- free . i just unplugged it and clear the check engine light, so 100some $ for a code scanner, but i see they make one for 80$. that orange actron one.

i have the EGR SIMULATOR, but it dont work well with my car, others have complained about it, some have had good luck with it. all up in the air. i might sell mine. i payed 75$ for it. but i let it go for 50$ shipped, it might work(it will clear the EGR code), but it might make your car run rough. like i said, few have had good luck,mainly 97-98z24s)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search