97 z24 fuel injectors - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97 z24 fuel injectors
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:27 PM
I am just finishing ordering all the parts for my custom turbo kit. I am looking to run 5-psi to start and all I need now are some new and improved injectors. So far it looks like I need the 35lb/h ford brown tops. My question is where do I find these - or buy them. What car are they off of and is there any other injectors or a company you would recomend. And last but not least - these will just pop in with no modification needed to them do they?

Thank You All

Re: 97 z24 fuel injectors
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:31 PM
Brown tops are 37lbs/hr. Youc an get htem on ebay.

They will clip right into your car, but you'll need an FPR to adjust the idle pressure.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:41 PM
Indeed they clip right in. But as Shifted said, you do need a way to tune them. Are you going with an FMU / FPR combo?

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:51 PM
yea i am getting a cartech 2025 from a buddy and an adjustable afpr off of ebay -- I am sure I will have questions about installing those as well as I am pretty much lost. But I will take a look first before I bother you.

Thanks Again
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:56 PM
will red tops work in my car - because I can find them on ebay but i cant find any brown tops!! arg
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:18 PM
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&fstype=1&catref=C6&satitle=red+top+injector&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos= ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1. As for the AFPR, stay away from no-name ebay FPR's. It's an important piece. The only way to go for FPR is the Aeromotive adjustable FPR.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:23 PM
chris abtosway wrote:will red tops work in my car - because I can find them on ebay but i cant find any brown tops!! arg

No they won't, they are the wrong impedance.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:33 PM
oops i forgot about the impedence. hmmmm you might invest in brand new injectors from RC Engineering.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:42 PM
Try Here....Item #29 on the list...and Jasons is real easy to deal with.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search