cobalt ss eco into 02 ls sport coupe - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cobalt ss eco into 02 ls sport coupe
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:41 AM
I have an 02 ls sport coupe it is an auto, And i was wondering if the 2.0 supercharged would bolt up to my tranny and if so would i need a reflash from gm?

Re: cobalt ss eco into 02 ls sport coupe
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:50 AM
your better off using the s/c and putting it on your 2.2

the 2.0 has a 8 bolt crank , and the 2.2 is a 6 bolt , so you'd have to find a saab flex plate if they offer 1 that would work for the GM torque converter

plus the 2.0 isnt set up for power steering

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 9:04 AM
is the flywheel the same size can i use the ss flywheel and matchup the holes to my torque converter?
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 9:10 AM
he just told you no it wont fit

automatics have flezplates
manuals have flywheels

cobalt ss has 8 bolt holes
22 eco cav has 6
they will not interchange

just pull everything off the ss and put it on a 2.2 eco motor

Yea i spell liek wrong get over it.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 9:47 AM
im sure there is somhow i can make it work even if i cant then i will just take the charger like he suggested, but the reason i am asking is cause i have drilled and matched up a 350 flywheel that would not fit and i thought that there might be a possibility of doing the same thing here.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 9:53 AM
why not just swap to a manual while you're @ it?

http://www.sc2sick.com
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 10:34 AM
that might be a good idea, does anyone know if the standard 5speed cobalt tranny differs from the SS"s tranny?
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:31 AM
The SS trans contains a Quaife LSD. Retails for $1,445 alone (I know because I sell it.) Your better off finding a moron at the junkyard and getting the SS trans IF POSSIBLE. Otherwsie your going to be spending a bit to make the trans stronger...not that you'd need to. It's pretty strong to start with.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:50 AM
just put the s/c on your 2.2 eco , and be done with it

and you cant swpa the cobalt trans into a J , they are alot different , when it comes to mounting , and the size of the ss/sc trans

i said you MIGHT , and i MEAN MIGHT be able to use a saab auto flex plate , BUT there is no telling if it will mate to the gm 4t40/45e trans

plus i already told you the differences with the 2.0 and why its not a swap over

if you wanna know about 5spd swaps for your cav , then you have to use a 02-05 cav 5spd trans , and for the rest of the INFO , please search in the transmission fourm

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:36 PM
not to thread jack or anything but is there a parts list available of all the parts you would need of the ss to make the 2.2. eco s/c'd?

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:47 PM
anton2586 wrote:not to thread jack or anything but is there a parts list available of all the parts you would need of the ss to make the 2.2. eco s/c'd?

yes there is its a PDF file from GM's site

im not sure what the link is to get there but , it is out there

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:42 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:The SS trans contains a Quaife LSD. Retails for $1,445 alone (I know because I sell it.) Your better off finding a moron at the junkyard and getting the SS trans IF POSSIBLE. Otherwsie your going to be spending a bit to make the trans stronger...not that you'd need to. It's pretty strong to start with.

Please rephrase that to "some SS tranny's have a LSD" It is part of one of the performance packages and aren't on very many cars, especially the early ones.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search