boost owns - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
boost owns
Monday, January 23, 2006 6:33 PM
so i was chatting with a friend online. i offer to everyone to enjoy being better than the others who are not boosted

bobby: i guess were stuck w/ our s/c'd j's
me: yea
me: *sigh*
me: what a pity.

BOOST OWNS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -

Re: boost owns
Monday, January 23, 2006 6:48 PM
Bahahahahahaha love it man! but.................

I'm still stuck with my s/c'd J lol

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Monday, January 23, 2006 6:51 PM
I will stick with my DSM. There's something about a hot little 1G/2G 4G63 Frankenstein that's capable of lighting up all 4 tires n a fit of rage before launching my fat ass down the strip in 12 seconds that makes me drool and laugh uncontrollably. But then again, if my Cavalier did the same thing (except the 4 wheels thing) I'd probably break out in fits of hysteria because that would be so sick and wrong.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Monday, January 23, 2006 7:31 PM
I just love discussing it and working on other turbo setups (particularly the hondas we do) while waiting on finishing mine... if I do finish it.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, January 23, 2006 7:38 PM
Johnathan (Der Schlafwanderer) wrote:I will stick with my DSM. There's something about a hot little 1G/2G 4G63 Frankenstein that's capable of lighting up all 4 tires n a fit of rage before launching my fat ass down the strip in 12 seconds that makes me drool and laugh uncontrollably. But then again, if my Cavalier did the same thing (except the 4 wheels thing) I'd probably break out in fits of hysteria because that would be so sick and wrong.

What kinda 12's we talking about cause i know hypsy is running a 12.80 i believe and his car is pretty nice. Although id love to build a 4g63 powerplant. Probably my next car. I want to do a 1g dsm.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Monday, January 23, 2006 7:39 PM
AWD DSM? if you are lighting up all 4 tires, you must be having issues to only run a 12 second ET. most of the AWD dsm's that i know of that are spinning all 4 wheels are running mid 10s. i'm not calling BS on you, I just think you might want some better tires lol

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:12 PM
Ya my friend has an Intercooler, big 16g turbo, 2g manifold, intake , greddy BOV, walbro 255, safc-2, studs and a new headgasket ..... he is running 20psi on his awd 1g talon..... running 12's..... he can't break all 4 tires for more then a sec.........................

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:40 PM
Johnathan (Der Schlafwanderer) wrote:I will stick with my DSM. There's something about a hot little 1G/2G 4G63 Frankenstein that's capable of lighting up all 4 tires n a fit of rage before launching my fat ass down the strip in 12 seconds that makes me drool and laugh uncontrollably. But then again, if my Cavalier did the same thing (except the 4 wheels thing) I'd probably break out in fits of hysteria because that would be so sick and wrong.

Me 2!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:38 PM
I'm running consistent 12.4s, or I was until I tossed a rear axle. And I need a new water pump. The one I have still works, but it's leaking a bit. Here's my build as it sits right now. It's a 1G/2G hybrid: 6-bolt 1G 4G63, OE 2G 9.0:1 pistons, OE 2G head, JDM Cyclone intake, EVO III turbo manifold, Mitsubishi 16G turbo, Thermal Research 3" exhaust, R34 intercooler from Japan, 3" intake piping, retuned ECU, and a Zietronix wideband O2 with datalogger. The biggest problem I have right now is fuel. I need bigger injectors. I can only run up to 18psi without leaning out, but even at that point it's pretty nasty. I want to convert to speed density so I can ditch the mass-air and that stupid recirc. but to do that I need to get a full stand alone. And wit all that I have now, I'm still doing this on the cheap. Getting into the 12's is no big deal, in fact I should be running faster, but keep in mind, it's all OE parts except the FMIC and exhaust, and I'm running on Goodyear Eagles, and I myself weigh 300 pounds. With a lighter driver, better driveline, and a proper tune, the car should be faster.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:48 PM
Lee wrote:Ya my friend has an Intercooler, big 16g turbo, 2g manifold, intake , greddy BOV, walbro 255, safc-2, studs and a new headgasket ..... he is running 20psi on his awd 1g talon..... running 12's..... he can't break all 4 tires for more then a sec.........................

Lee

why the hell would anyone running 20 psi on a turbo car need an SAFC? that makes ZERO sense.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:31 PM
Please explain ...................................

spotabee...................... I don't understand your question................... he has SAFC-2........ it has a knock sensor, it can add fuel based on lengthing pulse width so he doesn't need larger injectors................ (yet)................... take fuel away for when he gets larger injectors.........

....wtf are you talking about why a TURBO CAR would want safc-2 for ................. really bad question .................................................

besides .............. why should I even answer your question .... it's my friends car.... why would I give a @!#$ about how he tunes and runs his car............... oh ..... and he doesn't have a wideband ................... woot 20psi and holding STRONG ........ well not right now .... in his garage at home with the motor on a stand beside the car ............ haha.......

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:34 PM
Quote:

spotabee...................... I don't understand your question................... he has SAFC-2........ it has a knock sensor, it can add fuel based on lengthing pulse width so he doesn't need larger injectors................ (yet)................... take fuel away for when he gets larger injectors.........

Actually thats wrong. The SAFC adds fuel by tricking the MAP sensor into thinking there is more manifold pressure than there is (or less to take fuel away). The SAFC does not have any connection to the injectors at all. This is why we can't use it to adjust fuel in boost, since during a boosted application, we are already maxed out on the MAP sensor, so the SAFC can't add any more fuel than the ECU is already adding.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:38 PM
Shifted wrote:
Quote:

Actually thats wrong. The SAFC adds fuel by tricking the MAP sensor into thinking there is more manifold pressure than there is (or less to take fuel away). The SAFC does not have any connection to the injectors at all. This is why we can't use it to adjust fuel in boost, since during a boosted application, we are already maxed out on the MAP sensor, so the SAFC can't add any more fuel than the ECU is already adding.

EXACTLY. SAFC is by far the worst tuning method for boosted applications. An FMU and FPR are a better tuning combo than an SAFC. At least an FMU will add fuel in boost, not just by RPM level.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:49 PM
^ Its really not so bad for those who have 2 bar map sensors, but there are, by far, better tuning methods out there for DSM's and Honda's who have the luxury of such packages.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:52 PM
Shifted wrote:^ Its really not so bad for those who have 2 bar map sensors, but there are, by far, better tuning methods out there for DSM's and Honda's who have the luxury of such packages.

True. But with that, DSM's are tuned for boost already. We've delt with DSM's running 20 psi on stock tune with HKS 264 cams and still doing just fine. As far as Honda goes, we will do a chipped and socketed OBDI ECU, and a close as possible street tune for cheaper than the cost of an SAFC. We tune a lot of Hondas out here with UBERDATA.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:39 AM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:
Shifted wrote:
Quote:

EXACTLY. SAFC is by far the worst tuning method for boosted applications. An FMU and FPR are a better tuning combo than an SAFC. At least an FMU will add fuel in boost, not just by RPM level.

You also have to remember that the 4G63 is an entirely different engine than even the LD9. 4G63s are mass-air, where the Cavalier engines are basically speed density. The ECUs map the fuel and timing completely differently.
As far as DSMs are concerned, we do more hacking than we do tuning. Using different MAFs, playing with spring rates in the blow off, adjusting the actuator on the waste gate, things like that. And it's really amazing what you can do with twenty dollars and a trip to Home Depot. The stock ECU on the DSMs has shown that it's fairly capable of providing proper fuel and timing maps, and if for some reason we run lean in certain areas, we can use an electronic boost control to compensate. If the lean condition is due to fuel system problems itself, say the pump or the injectors, 3000GT parts work really well and cost less than many of the aftermarket options.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:50 AM
DSM LINK..... or AEM EMS.....

all im doing to is is a 20 G busher racing hybread tdo-5

and a FMIC with dsm link.......... got to love ealry 6 bolt morters....

my water pump broke...yesterday, so im doing everything, belts, seals and what not... know where i can get a 16G for cheep, i still got my 14B

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:50 AM
I had mine imported from Japan, I went through Rising Sun in California. I was one of the fortunate ones who managed to get a low mileage engine, but mine was a standard 4G63. I have the RS 16G turbo, which is supposed to run 510cc injectors, the ones I have are the stock 450cc. I have the link to RRE in my profile. THey have a list of all the best importers, but here's a few.

http://www.risingsunengines.com

http://www.a1jdmengines.com

http://www.infinitemotorsports.net

Just remember, it will be difficult to pick which engine you want, but if you're lucky, you MIGHT be able to get an RS version, 91-93. That 4G is equipped with the big 16G and 510cc injectors. As far as the Cyclone intake, be careful as to make it work you need the electronics to make the butterflies work (it's a dual runner intake). And avoid the 7-bolt engines like the plague. Not all of them are bad but they are notorious for crank walk and once it starts it cna't be repaired as far as I know.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:08 AM
Oh, I almost forgot, if you need to order a transmission (I did), don't ask for an AWD tranny. Ask for a "4x4" transmission. It's the same thing, but it eliminates confusion. Some of these guys are from Japan, but they don't always speak the best english, and asking for AWD might get you a FWD due to language barriers. Also, it's very likely it will be a VR4 tranny, but don't panic. It will work, it's the same transmission, but first gear is a bit taller than that of the Eclipse. Remember the Eclipse was never sold in Japan, so most of these engines and transmissions are coming from the Galant VR4. Also, DO NOT buy an EVO motor. It will NOT bolt into a 1G Eclipse. The EVO block does not have provisions for the front motor mount.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search