Question about fuel pump with HRC stage 2 ECO - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question about fuel pump with HRC stage 2 ECO
Sunday, January 22, 2006 9:23 PM
I know the the stage 2 comes with and inline fuel pump. BUT...

This is what i was told,That the inline pump goes inline to help out the intake pump thats on the car itself. Is this true. Cause i didn't know if you could have 2 fuel pumps pumping at the same time.

Any help would be nice... Thanks

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!

Re: Question about fuel pump with HRC stage 2 ECO
Sunday, January 22, 2006 11:27 PM
There is a fuel pump in the gas tank, an inline pump is located exterior of the gas tank on the fuel line to help pump fuel and keep from straining the pump in the gas tank.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, January 23, 2006 4:36 AM
^^^ how reliable is this setup ? Is it the cheap way of doing it and is there a better setup for fuel pump(s) ?

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Monday, January 23, 2006 6:17 AM
DanteMustDie wrote:^^^ how reliable is this setup ? Is it the cheap way of doing it and is there a better setup for fuel pump(s) ?

I know people who have it and had no problems...so I'm assuming it's reliable.

Your other option is replacing your stock pump with a higher flowing in-tank fuel pump. They are application and/or specification specific (if that makes any sense lol) and the inlines are basically universal.

I have an Walbro In-tank fuel pump:

Monday, January 23, 2006 8:44 AM
From my understanding ...... just getting an Inline is fine ............... However..... just to clarify......... the inline pump is to ensure the line pressure to the fuel rail is kept at an acceptable level............... and obviously you don't want it dropping off while your at full boost.......... so the inline just helps.

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, January 23, 2006 9:10 AM
Ok, so you are saying that there is an inline pump already on the cars. Or i have to Put the inline pump in, exterior of the gas tank?

Where could i find a walbro intank? How much do they run? incase i decide to go just intank pump..

Monday, January 23, 2006 9:29 AM
MetallicCavy wrote:Ok, so you are saying that there is an inline pump already on the cars. Or i have to Put the inline pump in, exterior of the gas tank?

Where could i find a walbro intank? How much do they run? incase i decide to go just intank pump..

There is an intank pump stock.

I bought mine off of QBE, not from a shop or store. I know where you can buy it...I'll search real quick and post it in here.

Monday, January 23, 2006 9:31 AM
BAM!

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=92832&t=92832#92832

I'm sooo good at searching

Monday, January 23, 2006 9:54 AM
Ok that clears up where to get the walbro pump... THANKS

But Still not understanding bout the inline pump.

My question was "Our cars only have the intank pump, so is it ok to have the intank pump and the inline pump at the same time? Working together. And where inline would the inline pump go?"

For those using the inline pump, if you could let me know what you did that would be cool....

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:05 AM
MetallicCavy wrote:Ok that clears up where to get the walbro pump... THANKS

But Still not understanding bout the inline pump.

My question was "Our cars only have the intank pump, so is it ok to have the intank pump and the inline pump at the same time? Working together. And where inline would the inline pump go?"

For those using the inline pump, if you could let me know what you did that would be cool....

Ok, I'll try and start over...

Stock, you have 1 fuel pump which is an intank fuel pump.

Now say if you're boosting, you have the option of:

A. Adding an inline fuel pump to help your stock in-tank fuel pump and keep it from straining
B. Replace your stock fuel pump with an higher flow in-tank fuel pump

Hopefully that is a bit more clearer.

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:09 AM
Yes i am boosting here in the next 2 months. And thanks NJHK That clears that question up.

Thanks

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:20 AM
MetallicCavy wrote:Yes i am boosting here in the next 2 months. And thanks NJHK That clears that question up.

Thanks

It's no problem and anytime.

Monday, January 23, 2006 11:24 AM
Inline pumps also have a tendency to cause problems with the factory in-tank pump.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, January 23, 2006 11:38 AM
Spotabee, so what are you saying. I should not put the inline pump in that comes with the HRC kit? And just go with a walbro in tank?

How many people use the inline pump that comes with the kit?

Monday, January 23, 2006 11:48 AM
I heard in another post that walbro themselves do not recommend us J owners to use their pumps because of fuel cut issues and such.

So what's the real deal here ? Inline pumps can cause problems with the stock pump but the intank walbro isn't perfect either ?

Is there a perfect for boost fuel pump for our cars ?

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Monday, January 23, 2006 12:07 PM
well i have been useing the msd inline for about two months now at 15lbs of boost and im now starting to get problems with my intank. 1st month i would get fuel cut at 1/4 tank which isnt so bad but now i get it at a little over 1/2 which sux. and is the reason im gonna go with the blazer pump.

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Monday, January 23, 2006 1:26 PM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:Inline pumps also have a tendency to cause problems with the factory in-tank pump.

I disagree. My inline pump is working fine and has supplied fuel fine for me. It's even held steady at 100PSI when needed.

Adding an inline pump is a perfectly acceptable way of getting more fuel to the motor and keeping the pressure up.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, January 23, 2006 8:08 PM
Hypsy, thanks alot. You have cleared up the question i have been wanting to know. So it is def ok to use the inline pump with the intank.

thanks

Monday, January 23, 2006 8:37 PM
I do it, Hahn's customers do it, and by gosh...wouldn't you know it...Hahn does it. If theyre running it STILL (at 11 seconds) its gotta be acceptable for anything slower.

Monday, January 23, 2006 9:31 PM
I'm just pointing out issues some people have had with inline pumps. Granted, I don't know much about problems using the inline included with the Hahn kit. But as far as the intank pump goes... I haven't heard of issues with the Walbro in-tank pump.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, January 23, 2006 9:37 PM
I have heard of NUMEROUS issues with the Walbro intank. Fuel cut being the biggest. Personally I'm not going to use something that has any CHANCE, let alone past instances of, fuel cut when boosting a car.

Just my .02, whatever it's worth.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:18 AM
if someone would search cause its early for me..... theres a post explaining why people were getting fuel cut on walbro or blazer pump....... both pumps are the same size as out stock one people were just installing them incorrectly.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:42 AM
yes I can clear this ALLLLLLLLL up ..............

The walbro is known to have fuel cut issues.......... 1/4 tank and under...... simple as that ...

The Blazer pump .............

More complicated.............

Okay .... The blazer pump is PERFECT.......... doesn't have fuel cut ...... doesn't screw up .........

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.........................

The stock fuel lines that the blazer pump come with are for something like 60psi max...... or 70psi max............. so I've been told ................that if you get a new fuel line (100psi) and install it with the sock CORRECTLY............. you will NEVER have to worry about it again.......... no fuel cut with 1/4 or less.... NOTHING ...... just a proper running unit...... just INSTALL IT PROPERLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:56 AM
does anyone else have any opinion on the blazer pump ?

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search